Co-creating a new theme, part 1

Started by frvge, June 13, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quote from: frvge on June 30, 2011, 08:50:27 AM
plus one month for mentioning beta. ha.

Well then we'll just delay the theme 2 months.

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 01, 2011, 09:51:16 PM
Then go ahead and do it, I give you 1 day to create the best simplest theme for this Forum.

Agent is good with talking, he just fails when it comes to doing something... No, wait... After a longer thought... He fails at both points. Carry on!

AgentX_003

Quote from: puuusianka on July 04, 2011, 01:38:51 AM
Then go ahead and do it, I give you 1 day to create the best simplest theme for this Forum.

Agent is good with talking, he just fails when it comes to doing something... No, wait... After a longer thought... He fails at both points. Carry on!

I never said i was professional at photo shop or any of that, I just simply gave a layout that was simplistic... and easy to follow for those concerned about making a theme .. O_o

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

puuusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 04, 2011, 09:49:24 AM
I never said i was professional at photo shop or any of that, I just simply gave a layout that was simplistic... and easy to follow for those concerned about making a theme .. O_o

Quote from: Farley4Fan on July 01, 2011, 06:02:12 AM
And just like that, nothing happened.

Repeat in head untill it stays there.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 04, 2011, 09:49:24 AM
Quote from: puuusianka on July 04, 2011, 01:38:51 AM

Well as Goodkebab told you when you created a thread in Join Us section, ideas are dime a dozen, they need someone who can implement it, if it's so simplistic do it. Cause so far I haven't seen a single attempt from you to even try.

Cronky

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 04, 2011, 01:31:40 PM
Well as Goodkebab told you when you created a thread in Join Us section, ideas are dime a dozen, they need someone who can implement it, if it's so simplistic do it. Cause so far I haven't seen a single attempt from you to even try.

You do understand this whole thread is about ideas right? And if by "implement" you mean "draw it out in photoshop", then he already explained that he doesn't know how to use it (to the extent in which he could express his idea in the way he saw it). He did what he could, and while it may not be what was recommended, it's still more than most people on here have contributed (me included).

(You ever type something out then feel like you originally heard it from your mom... when you were like 6?)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on July 04, 2011, 11:19:05 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 04, 2011, 01:31:40 PM

You do understand this whole thread is about ideas right? And if by "implement" you mean "draw it out in photoshop", then he already explained that he doesn't know how to use it (to the extent in which he could express his idea in the way he saw it). He did what he could, and while it may not be what was recommended, it's still more than most people on here have contributed (me included).

(You ever type something out then feel like you originally heard it from your mom... when you were like 6?)

Yes, but as that maybe, saying make it "Simple" (How simple? No specification) Make it black and green and gray. (Make 1 block on the right green, the other block on the middle gray, the block on the left black?)

He needs to be way more specific, otherwise people will just create themes based on what he said, and the whole theory on fences being unwelcome? Maybe I should make the whole forum pink, and put some naked dudes with developers cut outs saying, "we give free frag dildos for your luxury"? And tazing is for naughty people, "I prefer sleep gas"?

Cronky

I never said that his idea was simple to read, or even complete, only that he has contributed more than most.

From what I gathered he wants:

-The PS logo at the top to include the spy and the merc at opposite sides. (Think of it like the old forum with the "Project Stealth" logo at the top, combined with your first picture's background image)

-Darker background (an example would be something like... if you go to: http://www.jpr62.com/demos/ and look at the first template labeled "Black Rain".)

-Public discussion section to be highlighted green (like the spy's goggles)

-Presentation section to be highlighted orange (like... Merc visor orange)

Other than those there is still indeed a lot of stuff missing, but he apparently wanted to hit the BIG things. It being simple, I'm guessing, is because he didn't try to do something like have a custom picture as the background (such as your fence picture), or tweaking the opacity of the forum like both your ideas did to show off the background picture. It's essentially the template I told you to go to above with some slight tweaks.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

seef.

finally had some personal time  :o and wanted to do something random.  try not to flame too much haven't done graphics for a while, took couple hours and used a lot of old vectors  :-[

Cronky

I quite like that. I want that now.

It's tough for me to say that I think the Spy and Merc could be spread out to the sides of the Project Stealth logo so that you could bring down the top a bit. It would ruin what you did with the whole sun deal, but my first reaction was that it was a little top heavy.

Without doing that it's still fantastic, and much better than what I expected anyone to make.
-----------------------

seef.

thanks for that top heavy tip...was kinda buggin me too.  lucky for me I can move my stuff around easy - 2 clicks and a mouse drag.
ya probably could do more in the image area and add more details elsewhere... eh who knows if i have extra time in the near future I can play with it some more.  ;)

NeoSuperior

I really like that theme too. It's as i would want it, with left side green, and right side yellow/orange.

However the "1st Person shooter vs 3rd Person action" sounds, as if there would be nothing like "stealth" in this game.

So aside from that "game of the year 2012" is quite fitting :D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

The 2nd picture (that I either missed, or just got added) is even better. While I could assume the lines were meant more to be a joke than anything, it definitely looks a bit better with the login area simply being shifted to a new spot.

I have to wonder how much of that theme is actually possible. I know quite a bit, if not all, should be, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a limitation with layout designs that you'd only know by actually trying to make it.
-----------------------

DreadStunLock

Quote from: seef. on July 13, 2011, 09:15:15 AM
finally had some personal time  :o and wanted to do something random.  try not to flame too much haven't done graphics for a while, took couple hours and used a lot of old vectors  :-[

WOW! That is amazing!

P.S Aww you made me special, I am online ^_^

seef.

ya cronky that caption of text was sort of a joke - see if anyone would click the download button  :D

hehe dread i remember you as i was copy pasting all the text  ;)

...couldn't sleep til I added couple things...and I still want to change some more things  :o.  Going to knock myself out now though, at least couple hours of sleep will be nice.  This is one of those times I miss blazin' up so I would just pass out  :'(