something lurks in the shadows

Started by goodkebab, January 05, 2007, 10:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodkebab

a spy concept.....there are currently several different camps on what the goggles should be...many want it to be just like the original SC series...which i dont mind.  I chose the original approach and taking out the lenses entirely....except for 3 dots....btw..i can make it so the goggles move up when he is not using visions....might be cool

psyichic

The goggles I think should atleast some more light emmitting devices on them to keep that cool feeling but overall the new physical design of the goggles looks great IMO. I never liked the goggles that seemed to stick off the face so this new compact and smoother design looks to be quite cool.

On another note I just want to say the rest of the spy looks good but that his armor and wristband seem very very bulky.

Personally it feels like both the spy model and the merc model you have shown look slightly more bulky then the versions in CT. The spy seems to have about the same bulkiness value ( :P ) as the old mercs and the new mercs make me think of the guys from Gears of War.

Anyways thats just my view on it. Either way this looks great. It just seems to me that the spy is more covered in armor rather then a suit. But that could just be because on paper its hard for me to really see the difference. My suggestion would just be to reduce the profile of the peices of metal on him.

Especially his left knee-cap. Looks odd.

But in any case im just being a stupid critic :D Nice Job I really like it!

Oh especially that new gun.

Overstatement

Oh I hope he has a super cool utility belt with that.

goodkebab

the real time game model wont have such heavy duty looking armor...at least in the profile.  It will be used as a normal map.

What i did not do is paint a cloth texture where the cloth will be...this would seperate what are normal kneepads from a carbon fiber suit.

The green tubing will probably only turn on when the camo suit is in a transition state.

The arm is to long...which i would fix if I was getting paid to.

Same witht the head.

To keep the human aspect, I think I will make it so the goggles can go up or down like in Singleplayer.

psyichic

I personally would prefer the goggles to stay down. People seemed to prefer the old CT no-skin model to the new skin model of DA. I would say that it keeps the mysterious and show lurking aspect of not seeing thier eyes.

seefoo.

BADASS!  so badass....omg did i say badass yet?  holy shiz man....so badass.  i like the styles.  i like the knee things....futuristic knee pads lol.  and the chest armor, the googles, the green goo viens (for camo?)....mmm so BADASS MAN.!!!

goodkebab

psychic....you should see the pro suit of the DA spy...i think it is quiet a wicked suit

psyichic

I have seen it goodkebab. I have actually played with it and yes I agree it does look pretty nice buy it just seemed it had to many decorations on it in some sense.

Valserp

I agree with not showing their eyes.

---------
Slightly OT:
Did you know: It is scientifically proven that creatures without eyes are found to be the scariest(i.e. Alien)

Overstatement

Obviously, stuff without eyes are prety alien to us. Most animals we see have eyes so the ones that don't are unfamilar and strange. But scary? I think jellyfish are mainly seen as very beautiful. I think what makes things really scary are animals whose eyes are all pupil, no sclera. But that's a discussion for another day...

I think some normal mapping would make this model look really good. But it has to be done right or it will look really bad (obvious comment, other people do it too!).

Lurch

Awesome work!

Good things:
-As Psyichic said, I also like the compact goggles
-Every part of the body covered
-The green "tubes" make for some "suspension of realism" for the regenerating ability of the spysuit (antibiots and nifty hormones Awrr!)
-Bodyarmor
-Badass
-I like the fact that the spy doesn't have a headset, subdermal microchips ftw!

Bad things:
-As Psyichic said, it's a bit too bulky, I'd say you remove the armor from limbs but keep the parts that protect the abdomen. Elbow- and kneepads would be cool
-I would like the opsat to be integrated in the optics of the goggles. Better yet, replace the opsat screen with a miniature keypad. You'd recognize your partner viewing a sticky cam if you'd see him using the pad
-Psyichic beat me with goggle glowing
-I guess I just don't like the types of guns that even remotely resemble wheels or round objects. A modified MP-7 (for example) would do good

Vega

HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goggles looks SEXY, gun looks SEXY, body armor looks SE-AWESOME,  Green tubes ROCK!

Only complaint is the wrist thing which seems a tad big. 

Goodkebab, I love you.

Tidenburg

Hi im new and really like what you lot are doing  ;D

That concept is amazing everythings really nice but it may just be me, but the hand/elbow bit of the arm seem quite elongated compared to the upper-arm.

Those tubes would be really good if they only lit up for you or they only lit up when you are visible. One suggestion -
The tubes could change colour depending on what was happenening:
Green - Hidden
Red - Hurt
Orange - Visible
Blue - Hacking
White - Dead

psyichic

"Hidden" and "Visible" don't work in this game for MP. Did you ever wonder why the multiplayer has no light meter for spies? Its because defining "hidden" in this game is next to impossible. Sure you could be in the shadow but your outline could he highlighted against a bright area thus making you "visible" while still being in the shadows. Also while your ideas are nice they serve almost no practical use. A spy knows if he is hacking, he knows if he is hurt and he knows when he is dead. No reason to change colors based on that.

Tidenburg

The reason is coz it would look wicked, Dont know about what I mean by visible is in a mercs torchlight and thats it, I know hiddden doesnt work in MP