Main Menu

couple ideas

Started by kronf, October 24, 2007, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Spekkio on October 27, 2007, 08:21:19 PM
The uzi isn't an uber weapon. As a matter of fact, if it worked properly it would probably suck ass. ...

its ROF is way too high, the magazine size is way too large, and the bullet spread is way too small for a weapon that's not intended for long-range combat.
Anyone see the irony?

As far as what you said... Long range capability?! The uzi sucks at long range. Yeah it can stop a spy from hacking across a room, but that's about it. It's really not all that great.

The uzi is a balanced weapon, it can do long range pretty well and short range well (not as good as a shotgun though). It's everything a basic general purpose weapon should be.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Gawain on October 27, 2007, 11:59:35 PM
combining incendiary and ph nades into one gadget is op and kinda gadget crossing, so why not create 3 different nades; frags, incendiary for temporarily blocking objectives/coop places/hack panels/vents, ph nades as another totally different tracking device.

Isn't that what I suggested? Wtf.  Read my posts please, then respond to them.

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 28, 2007, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: Gawain on October 27, 2007, 11:59:35 PM
combining incendiary and ph nades into one gadget is op and kinda gadget crossing, so why not create 3 different nades; frags, incendiary for temporarily blocking objectives/coop places/hack panels/vents, ph nades as another totally different tracking device.

Isn't that what I suggested? Wtf.  Read my posts please, then respond to them.

How about saying, "Oh, so you agree with me?" instead of being a dick.

Farley4Fan

Because he disagreed with my post and then he said suggested why I just said.  It pisses me off because everyone thinks that Gawain is some guy that has all the answers and he just totally overlooks posts that say exactly what he is suggesting.  He tends to do  that and frankly, it gets on your damn nerves.

Gawain

it's not about who has the better ideas first, it's about helping ps become a great gaming experience for all of us. i was just posting what i want, without the other stuff you suggested; you can call it summarizing or simply giving my opinion on the subject. i won't refer to who suggested what just because you have some ego problems.

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 28, 2007, 09:01:35 PM
Because he disagreed with my post and then he said suggested why I just said.  It pisses me off because everyone thinks that Gawain is some guy that has all the answers and he just totally overlooks posts that say exactly what he is suggesting.  He tends to do  that and frankly, it gets on your damn nerves.

Everyone tends to get one everyone's nerves because everyone thinks their right. I don't think you, Gaiwan, or invisible have any of the right answer. Rather, you all have input, which the devs will decide on as being a "good idea" or a "POS idea."

Farley4Fan

Seriously.  It is like this below scenario:

Person A:  Oh I have an idea!  How about a cool new gadget?!  Sounds good right?
Person B:  No, that's a bad idea.  Oh!  I have an idea!  How about a new gadget?!

Please, you have some ego issues. 

I agree, no one has the right answer, but everyone's suggestions should be read and understood before replying to them.  If not, the above scenario will happen again and again lol.  Which really, is a completely stupid scenario.  :D

Gawain

Quote from: Gawain on October 27, 2007, 06:33:05 PM
how about 2 new nade types?
-phosphorous nade: just like the pt one but with higher timers, increased radius and mate not able to "wash" you (should stick on mercs, too)
-incendiary nade: similar to a molotov cocktail; small radius, does damage/time that can hinder spies from hacking and lightens up the environment like flares; heck, we could simply give flares the damage/time aspect
i was the one suggesting two types of replacements for flares eg ph. and inc. nades/boosted flares first, so stop acting like a 12 year old.

Quote from: Westfall-US on October 29, 2007, 12:19:12 AM
Everyone tends to get one everyone's nerves because everyone thinks their right. I don't think you, Gaiwan, or invisible have any of the right answer. Rather, you all have input, which the devs will decide on as being a "good idea" or a "POS idea."
of course everyone should be allowed to give their input. but players like me, spekkio, mr. mic, kronf, etc. (not saying that im as good as those) got clearly more experience in ct than people like papa skull or invisible and our points regularly get  ignored, that's why i'm repeating them and may somehow appear as i think i know best on everything with is just wrong.

reason3d

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on October 28, 2007, 04:57:59 AM

As far as what you said... Long range capability?! The uzi sucks at long range. ... The uzi is a balanced weapon, it can do long range pretty well ...

lol i aint the only one that dont know wtf theyre saying sometimes .

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 29, 2007, 03:02:11 AM
Seriously.  It is like this below scenario:

Person A:  Oh I have an idea!  How about a cool new gadget?!  Sounds good right?
Person B:  No, that's a bad idea.  Oh!  I have an idea!  How about a new gadget?!

Please, you have some ego issues. 

I agree, no one has the right answer, but everyone's suggestions should be read and understood before replying to them.  If not, the above scenario will happen again and again lol.  Which really, is a completely stupid scenario.  :D

Flame on. If I have some ego issues for something you technically agree with me on, well, I need to say no more. You've been pretty much just babbling bullshit so far, but whatever at this point.

Farley4Fan

I was talking about Gawain, not you, having ego issues, since he said it to me. 

Westfall

Man....I can't tell some of these things. Internet pwns me.

Farley4Fan

:D  What a weird statement.

Sunshine

About first idea: seems like a very good idea, if so, it would work same as spie imo, maybe like.. +0.35% faster speed for every item that you lose. so if you have 5 flash, smoke & chaff and HBs and lose all nades you run 5.25% faster.

About second idea: I don't like it at all, if so all would stop use Uzi. And I think personally that uzi should stay in the game. It should be different types of weapons. One that you can shoot fast with so you just can shoot. And one you need some skill and actually aim with and then we get the shotty.. And as most knows (atleast I think) I can use the sniper, so it's not of that issue..

Third idea: Like that one too, but if so you can only do it BEFORE someone start hack it. So maybe it could be good mix with miens or something like that. You here chaff -> you trigger it. Or you just got good game understanding and understand when someone will.

Or maybe if someone start hack, it should be like delay before the alarm goes off, by maybe few seconds so it's not worth wasting it on that.