Tick Tock (music and screens)

Started by frvge, May 30, 2009, 02:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Do you like the Ogg Vorbis option for the music? I think providing a format like this is a plus, but if you are fine with only the MP3, that saves us some diskspace and encoding time.

If you want, we can probably make a FLAC too.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

mentalmars

nice pix, can this game just me finished allready i wanne play ;)

MP3 should be fine for everyone right

Roberto1223

yeah the lights could use some kind of a flare glow effect to make them look nicer. not too intense though. i think that the light flaring effects of scct are a little too intense in contrast with the darkness of the rooms.

Roberto1223

keep it simple MP3 FTW.

i liked the music, its pretty cool, but i expected more melody in it. it felt more of an ambience than music but its very cool. dont get me wrong.

frvge

Most of the music is meant as ambiance. These tracks will play when you're actually playing the game.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

awesome stuff. a little feedback:
-ogg > mp3
-ambient music sucks if you keep it that way. it disturbs hearing ingame and gets boring quickly. it's basically nothing but random noise paired with an overkill echo. what about going more the pt way which is having a melodic menue soundtrack and ingame tracks only fitting the map/situation like heavy heartbeating in action situations, water noises in the boat room etc.
-good job on the proportions, i'm sick of the giant player models tons of inferior games have

neth

I'd like to get some fast paced music but tbh I'm probably gonna turn it off anyway cause any music is too disturbing in a game like this.

Gawain

Quote from: neth on June 01, 2009, 01:38:35 PM
I'd like to get some fast paced music but tbh I'm probably gonna turn it off anyway cause any music is too disturbing in a game like this.
exactly. this is why i'd rather wanna hear some melodic menue music and some situational ingame sounds like hearbeating that can't be turned off.

Ion.67

Ogg and flac have better quality and stuff, but do you really need that for in-game music? No.

Waste of time if you ask me.

Gui Brazil

a) Oh cmon 128kbps mp3?!
b) Why two lossy files?
c) flac ftw.

MR.Mic

Quote from: Gui Brazil on June 01, 2009, 10:35:13 PM
a) Oh cmon 128kbps mp3?!

Yeah, I would have preferred at least a 256kbps MP3 to get released.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Gawain

no1 can hear the difference between 192kbs mp3 and flac lossless listening to ambient sounds, it's even very hard to do with classical music. now take 192kbs ogg and you're set. i'm into hifi (and therefore flac), but for a game, i mean cmon...

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Rambo on June 01, 2009, 11:35:22 PM
no1 can hear the difference between 192kbs mp3 and flac lossless listening to ambient sounds, it's even very hard to do with classical music. now take 192kbs ogg and you're set. i'm into hifi (and therefore flac), but for a game, i mean cmon...

I'm not talking about the game version but the one released 1 day ago which doesn't necessarily need to be the same as the version ingame.

Bubbaganoosh

"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.