Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

This is a bit unrelated to the tick tock, but with all the nerfs being made to chaff nades I thought it would be cool to give them an environmental boost.  Like Doucher just said, chaff basically shut down elevators on club.  What if chaff shut down other things, like an electric door?  That way he could keep it open (for easy access like on aqua) or keep it shut to keep mercs out.  I'm thinking that chaff could effect things in the environment other than cams/lasers.  This would be up to the mapper, but it would be cool to see if done right.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 30, 2009, 06:16:33 AM
This is a bit unrelated to the tick tock, but with all the nerfs being made to chaff nades I thought it would be cool to give them an environmental boost.  Like Doucher just said, chaff basically shut down elevators on club.  What if chaff shut down other things, like an electric door?  That way he could keep it open (for easy access like on aqua) or keep it shut to keep mercs out.  I'm thinking that chaff could effect things in the environment other than cams/lasers.  This would be up to the mapper, but it would be cool to see if done right.

wow you actually said something intelligent, bravo young chap , instead of being spam happy =/

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gawain

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 30, 2009, 06:16:33 AM
the more interactive the environments, the better.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 30, 2009, 02:38:40 AM
Thanks lennard. 

And I take it this effect isn't completely finished yet?  It only flashed the original flash image with 3 spies, even when they weren't in view. But I see that this is explained by the "updated real-time after-image not yet included". 

When can we expect to see the "real-time after-image" implemented into the flash effect?  That would be cool.
Yea, I already implemented a real-time scene capture when flashed.

LennardF1989

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 30, 2009, 11:01:12 AM
wow you actually said something intelligent, bravo young chap , instead of being spam happy =/
Hear who's saying. Instead of playing the wiseguy and posting such useless crap on our forum, please post something intelligent yourself (correct English, right punctuation, content that DOES make sense, etcetera).

I've never thought Papa Skull was spam happy, it's something you've felt, just shut up.

On-topic after me.

Onlinedoucher

Kodadog

[frvge edit: that's not on-topic]

Tidenburg

Just a thought, who's doing the voices for this game? We need the merc's legendary choke when he moves out of the smoke or it's all for nothing! ;D

neth

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 04, 2009, 12:40:14 PM
Just a thought, who's doing the voices for this game? We need the merc's legendary choke when he moves out of the smoke or it's all for nothing! ;D

Community members may provide these. Contest anyone ?

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Sure. Coughing on demand is one of my best traits.
(no, not really)

frvge

Libraries of human sound for President!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 04, 2009, 12:40:14 PM

I can cough, no problem.
I can talk too, lol.

Idea! Let's call Michael Ironside!

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

frvge

*looks in wallet*
Oh, it's empty. And we don't pay dev members on principle.
*closes wallet*
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MulleDK19

Quote from: frvge on July 17, 2009, 12:11:47 AM
*looks in wallet*
Oh, it's empty. And we don't pay dev members on principle.
*closes wallet*

Michael will do it for free!

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.