Something that would make this game the ultimate entertainment interface

Started by WafflesNSyrup, January 11, 2011, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WafflesNSyrup

Hello devs Im going to cover a few points that I think many would agree with me when I saw they should have been in chaos theory on pc.

Spectator mode:
for competitive and entertainment and for game popularity it would benefit you greatly to make a spectator mode.
In splintercell chaos theory you have your basic 2v2 layout 2 spys vs 2 mercs and when you die off you can spectator your teamate as he makes his way around the map to eliminate the objectives as a spy or snipe a few heads off as merc.
But many people have told me to submit this on the forum and tiger has also told me to make this post to show other devs.
We need a more sophisticated spectator system rather then limiting the spectator ability to something as slim as i watch my teamate lets make project stealth the ultimate entertainment where you can play or watch.
Lets make a spectate game section.
but im sure your probably wondering, how does this help project stealth?
This will help project stealth by giving it tons of publicity and reputation cause you not only can play the game you can watch it this now brings in streams, broadcasts and many other fans to watch your new game and to watch the veteran players

Unreal engine: Also because were using the unreal engine to have the game made so it shouldn't be to hard to implement this feature especially because the unreal engine is virtually limitless.

Addition Info
I would like the devs to really consider this check it out guys

CurdyMilk

Quote from: WafflesNSyrup on January 11, 2011, 05:44:32 AM
We need a more sophisticated spectator system rather then limiting the spectator ability to something as slim as i watch my teamate lets make project stealth the ultimate entertainment where you can play or watch.
How can you play when you are already dead?  Doesn't make sense to me.

LennardF1989

A spectator is technically already possible (again, we do not use default UE3 infrastructure, in case you missed that), but thanks for posting anyway :)

It would certainly make recording demo's easier for us, hence why the feature is ready to use.

knooger

I would like to see powerfull demo recorder + many settings for moviemaking like while watching demos we can delete HUD etc.
It will help in improving beginners skill ( demo sharing ) and will improve MovieMakers work.
Who of you wouldn't see same great movies like does CS or CoD4 community? :)
Demos are just better to share with community than .avi movies:
+small size
+you run it with game, you don't need any codecs
+no rendering a few GB file
+even with slower hardware your FPS won't drop

IMO. when you are dead you should see just black screen + chat. But AgentX told that already some time ago.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KnoogeR on January 11, 2011, 03:22:46 PM
I would like to see powerfull demo recorder + many settings for moviemaking like while watching demos we can delete HUD etc.
It will help in improving beginners skill ( demo sharing ) and will improve MovieMakers work.
Who of you wouldn't see same great movies like does CS or CoD4 community? :)
Demos are just better to share with community than .avi movies:
+small size
+you run it with game, you don't need any codecs
+no rendering a few GB file
+even with slower hardware your FPS won't drop

IMO. when you are dead you should see just black screen + chat. But AgentX told that already some time ago.

+1337, it was pain to make decent screenshots on SCCT without having a special cheat to remove the HUD.

WafflesNSyrup

Quote from: CurdyMilk on January 11, 2011, 06:34:09 AM
Quote from: WafflesNSyrup on January 11, 2011, 05:44:32 AM
How can you play when you are already dead?  Doesn't make sense to me.

what im saying curd is that instead of you have your 3 lives as spy for example and you lose all your lifes now you watch your teamate right? till he dies off. Thats as far as spectator mode went in SCCT so if project stealth made is more sophisticated like dedicating server space to let 10 people watch the game would potentially or almost for sure bring a bigger reputation to the game project.

DreadStunLock

Yeah that was already discussed as far as I remember, but the problem is, some sad idiots can be ruining it by having 3 people spectating and give away information about the opposite team via voice chat of some external software.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 11, 2011, 07:44:03 PM
Yeah that was already discussed as far as I remember, but the problem is, some sad idiots can be ruining it by having 3 people spectating and give away information about the opposite team via voice chat of some external software.

well... i think i got a possible solution for that.... how about giving the host the possiblitlity to set a delay for spectators...

I mean the spectators are always 10-60 seconds behind...

example:

0:00

players
spies start to rush

spectators
delay timer: game starts in 10 sec

0:10

players
a merc kills a spy with the help of a surprise nade

spectators
spies start to rush

0:20

players
1 spy breaks the neck of a merc

spectators
a merc kills a spy with the help of a surprise nade

0:30

players
the spy hacks a comp

spectators
1 spy breaks the neck of a merc

you get what i mean? Is that technically possible?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

You mean like giving them a latency lag on broadcast? That sounds quite interesting, even 10 seconds delay on the actual match would be really great.

VaNilla

It's possible Neo, that same solution is used for SourceTV by Valve :)

NeoSuperior

Of course i don't mean giving the specs a ping of 10000... but well i think you get what i mean  ;)

The only issue is wether the actual positions are sent 10 secs later by the host...
or in real time but the specs' Project Stealth just shows it 10 secs later...

@ston3coldkilla

oh that is good^^ i had the feeling that my post would be just ignored :o
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Same thing they use in Xfire Broadcast, there is always latency of what happens.

NeoSuperior

So... how about it?

Is there still anything that stops "spectators for PS"?

- Mike Godwin