Something that would make this game the ultimate entertainment interface

Started by WafflesNSyrup, January 11, 2011, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

The thing is, I think for DM, PS will probably need a whole new animations and physics or elements to actually make DM interesting...

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 15, 2011, 11:57:51 PM
The thing is, I think for DM, PS will probably need a whole new animations and physics or elements to actually make DM interesting...

why when I'm reading this, the word "MODDING" goes thru my head :P

DreadStunLock

Nope, not until you prove to developers why it's needed.

Back on topic: What I mean was that for developers, Story has it's own element and gamestyle, DM should also have that, maybe even adding extra animations.

knooger

Quote from: Cronky on January 15, 2011, 11:34:54 PM
Just because you don't add a DM mode doesn't mean everyone is just going to go, "Oh, well then I guess I'll just have to play Story". If someone doesn't like what's offered in Story Mode, and it's the only thing offered, they will just move on to another game.

With that in mind CT isn't dead because of DM. It's dead because no one plays anymore, and on a unrelated note a (seemingly) majority of those that still do play would rather play DM.

DM though will never be the "MAIN" mode of the game. Everyone knows that the game is set up for the objective based gameplay. Spies hack this, Mercs defend that. Story mode is Story mode because it goes with the fictional "Story" of the game. Deathmatch is always going to be the offshoot of that mode that just takes the rules away and tells you to kill each other.

It's all going to be dependent on how varied the story mode is in PS that will deem whether it's played the most. Otherwise people will just default to DM because it's easy to understand, easy to get into, and it's something that everyone knows how to play even if they've never played the game before.
earn you anything I know it from autopsy. I made one guy who was playing DM for ~2years to play story, he is just average, it didn't learn him anything.
Don't say DM is not  the main  gametype in CT... how it is not when, I go on ubi on the evening and I see 8 DM servers and 2 story?
In CT Deathmatch should be replaced with Diskhunt ( very under rated gametype ), it's more interesing and learn you more than crappzy DM, DH learn you maps + basics of EQ and it gives you that what's pusiek about "enjoyable and breaks the fear of getting close to mercenaries at least in the begining".
Anyway Devs will do whatever they will want to do, it's their game and their choice, since this game will be free ( I hope somehow I could pay them in any way ) I will just waste my time on posting and waiting for game.

PS. That guy is 40 years old at the moment.

Cronky

Quote from: KnoogeR on January 16, 2011, 12:12:54 AM
earn you anything I know it from autopsy. I made one guy who was playing DM for ~2years to play story, he is just average, it didn't learn him anything.
Don't say DM is not  the main  gametype in CT... how it is not when, I go on ubi on the evening and I see 8 DM servers and 2 story?
In CT Deathmatch should be replaced with Diskhunt ( very under rated gametype ), it's more interesing and learn you more than crappzy DM, DH learn you maps + basics of EQ and it gives you that what's pusiek about "enjoyable and breaks the fear of getting close to mercenaries at least in the begining".
Anyway Devs will do whatever they will want to do, it's their game and their choice, since this game will be free ( I hope somehow I could pay them in any way ) I will just waste my time on posting and waiting for game.

PS. That guy is 40 years old at the moment.

You missed my point. By main mode of the game, I meant the mode that is the primary mode of the game. The one the game is built upon, not the one that is played the most. Deathmatch is just Story mode with no objectives.

Again though, not everyone CARES for Story mode (SM). If CT didn't have DM then that doesn't mean that those 8 DM matches WOULD be playing Story mode. It means they MIGHT be playing Story mode. Either those DM people would be playing, or not. So either you would have 10 Story modes (8 DM + 2 SM) when you signed on, or just the 2 Story modes (the two that were there already).

Also I want to re-emphasize the learning curve between DM and SM. Everyone knows what they're getting into when they enter a DM sever. Kill each other till one team loses. Every game now a days has one of these, so you can jump in and know the gist of what's going down. SM has 3 different objectives, each that are "Taken" differently, and reaching one may not be possible till you "Take" another. Disk Hunt on the other hand plays a lot like a one sided Capture the flag, but it's name doesn't represent that so I believe that would turn off new players looking to get into ALL that is SvM.

Really though, all modes taught you the Maps, all modes taught you the basics(controls). DM has it's limitations on what it teaches you (objectives and their defenses aren't taught),  but it far from taught you nothing if you played it. Just because someone goes into a Story mode game after 2 years of DM-ing and loses doesn't (always) mean that they are worse at the game, just that the priorities that DM teaches you don't translate to Story mode.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Ion.67

Instead of 4/10 playing at a time, why not make multiple games and all 10/10 can actively have fun?

DreadStunLock

Maybe PS can make something like a conquest mode? Like the one in BF2142 or any other Battlefield game that has it? Sure there will be some tweaks, but heckm that a new mode right there?

I <3 U

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 11, 2011, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 11, 2011, 07:44:03 PM
Yeah that was already discussed as far as I remember, but the problem is, some sad idiots can be ruining it by having 3 people spectating and give away information about the opposite team via voice chat of some external software.

well... i think i got a possible solution for that.... how about giving the host the possiblitlity to set a delay for spectators...

QFE.

Really nice idea dude.

Cronky

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock