Lobby UI - HOST

Started by tigaer, June 29, 2007, 10:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

yeah. who the fuck knows why, but my account got deleted?
and yeah, you can see a threw this one together (i mean theres a fucking white fade in the middle of the usernames that i forgot to delete...)
just seeing if you guys liked the layout, which so far, you dont.

Gui Brazil

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: tigaer on June 30, 2007, 05:35:22 AM
and yeah, you can see a threw this one together (i mean theres a fucking white fade in the middle of the usernames that i forgot to delete...)
Nah, i like the fade there ;)

frvge

Quote from: tigaer on June 30, 2007, 05:35:22 AM
wasnt me =/ No logs tho.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Daybreak

I think you've got the right font for the game. What font is it.
I also like your border effects. Take a look at my collage that I made of your ideas, mine and seefoos. I think they are great together.

tigaer

Quote from: Daybreak on June 30, 2007, 06:40:39 PM
I think you've got the right font for the game. What font is it.
I also like your border effects. Take a look at my collage that I made of your ideas, mine and seefoos. I think they are great together.

Yeah. Its Enigmatic, got it from www.dafont.com. And yeah, the collage looks great.
And I have another version of this one, here. I think it looks better, and I fixed alot of errors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/tigaer/PROJECTS.jpg

Gawain

this looks a little bit better :o
you implemented my idea with the popup for every player and the eq :D
i must admit that i underestimated the potential of your ui, but compared to the first one this one looks kinda overfilled. the buttons/text/white lines are too big overall.

so i'm coming to the productive part: there are some redundant/misplaced buttons:
- "MAP": this could be done by arrows on the left and right of the map, or by making the map itself a button
-"SETTINGS": if there are important ones like game time/nr. of lifes/revenge/rank/... they should be where the 3 fat buttons are now, so that every1 can see them (the host can change them there, too). if it options like graphics, audio etc., it should be next to "profile"
-"SEND": i think every1 can press enter
-"SAY","TEAMSAY": make it one button that switches the modes
-"in chat": whats that good for? can we have spectators or chatrooms? XD
-"tactical espionage" and "high-tech security" looks too much like the buttons EDIT: maybe thats because they are buttons to switch the team ^^

hope this helps and sorry that i kinda flamed you in the first place ;)
combine this with seefoo's one that has much more focus, and we have a kick-ass lobby ;D

frvge

For accessibilty reasons, a SEND button is mandatory.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

Maybe the white is a little too white against the dark background.

tigaer

Quote from: Gawain on June 30, 2007, 08:54:04 PM
this looks much better :o
you implemented my idea with the popup for every player and the eq :D
i must admit that i underestimated the potential of your ui.

so i'm coming to the productive part: there are some redundant/misplaced buttons:
- "MAP": this could be done by arrows on the left and right of the map, or by making the map itself a button
-"SETTINGS": if there are important ones like game time/nr. of lifes/revenge/rank/... they should be where the 3 fat buttons are now, so that every1 can see them (the host can change them there, too). if it options like graphics, audio etc., it should be next to "profile"
-"SEND": i think every1 can press enter
-"SAY","TEAMSAY": make it one button that switches the modes
-"in chat": whats that good for? can we have spectators or chatrooms? XD
-"tactical espionage" and "high-tech security" looks too much like the buttons

hope this helps and sorry that i kinda flamed you in the first place ;)
combine this with seefoo's one that has much more focus, and we have a kick-ass lobby ;D

Yeah, I was thinking about what you sain abotu the map button.
And if your no host, you see,
READY
GAME SETTINGS (click to see settings)
EQUIPMENT

and the in-chat thing, I dont know, just had to fill in the blank. I'll take it out.
And the team names, they ARE buttons, you click them to change teams.

HeroFromHyrule

Maybe the "In Chat" thing could be replaced with some icons to show if you have any pending Friend Invites or PMs?  Not sure if that is the best place for it, but it seems more useful than the current listing.

Daybreak

Don't fill space with things that aren't needed just to fill space. I'm not a big fan of all the text, it makes it seem complicated and crowded. For instance, the Map name could appear where it says MAP and the mode could be written just below it.
I like the colours and the boxes, but it can be cleaned up more, as many have said.

iservealot

The layout is far too cluttered. Things need to be orginzed in different screens. The main lobby does not need to house every little thing. Also, I think there should be a standardized menu at the top of the screen though out all of the menus. Example: settings, profile etc

Overstatement

Don't forget to put a space for the "The Host Is Ready To Launch" message.

MulleDK19

That's ONE of the big mistakes Ubisoft made: "The host is ready to launch"...

The old thing was better. 10 seconds count down! That made it possible to play 2 vs 0. Very good for testing maps.

So I vote that this game should not care how many players there are on a team!

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.