model of a soldier - a work in progress thread

Started by reason3d, October 29, 2007, 04:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reason3d

and i totally appreciate the opportunity to get crits and feedback ...

ok heres the deal : i am hoping , hoping that the baggy stylez will look ok once i get a really sick skin on him and normal mapped . of course most of you know flat geometry with a normal map appears not flat ... so if things work out then thats all the better , if not i will use goodkebab's idea and form shapes into it .

iservealot thanks for trying to rail me out , we worked together before you demanded i pirate dvd's with my name and address watermarked on them lol ... youre cheap and ignorant , so leave me alone .

OT : anyone install roboblitz from the bought , downloaded package and see "precaching shaders" for like 30 minutes with no progress ? 

iservealot

Quote from: Zedblade on November 04, 2007, 07:24:52 AM
Quote from: iservealot on November 04, 2007, 06:57:48 AM
This entire thread needs to be moved to an OT section, or locked. This has nothing to do with the presentation of work derived from or for Project Stealth.

sigh

Does noone read the farkin forum description. This thread belongs here. The forum descriptions clearly freaking states;

Here non-devs can post artwork for constructive criticism.

For work derived to or from Project Stealth. This isn't some open forum to present work from anywhere, it should be related to Project Stealth. A good example being the GUI's.

What whatever, just my opinion I guess.

Gawain

yeah i can't see a point why reason3d should be allowed to post his mod stuff here. this forum is about ps (for the vets), and nothing else. reason3d doesn't even like the unrealistic ct/ps gameplay anyways. but i guess the only thing i can do about him spamming this bs is referring to sclamers...

Zedblade

Whether we should allow other people to post work and what not is a completey differant story. I'm not for or against it, I just don't care. The POINT, is that the forum has ALREADY been made to provide a place for non-devs to post their work. Changing our mind now and deleting tons of posts will most likely piss a lot of people off.

If a decision needs to be made as to whether or not to keep the forum, make it another forum entirely or to get rid of all the non-dev threads, then we can make that at a later date, then announce it before we do it so people will know.

But for now, the forum has been here for a long time and people more or less already see this as a presentation forum for anyone and everything. Deleting or locking this thread when he's obviously put it in the right section is a ubi move. IE, locking off-topic discussion in the off-topic forum...

iservealot

Quote from: Zedblade on November 04, 2007, 06:44:08 PM
Whether we should allow other people to post work and what not is a completey differant story. I'm not for or against it, I just don't care. The POINT, is that the forum has ALREADY been made to provide a place for non-devs to post their work. Changing our mind now and deleting tons of posts will most likely piss a lot of people off.

If a decision needs to be made as to whether or not to keep the forum, make it another forum entirely or to get rid of all the non-dev threads, then we can make that at a later date, then announce it before we do it so people will know.

But for now, the forum has been here for a long time and people more or less already see this as a presentation forum for anyone and everything. Deleting or locking this thread when he's obviously put it in the right section is a ubi move. IE, locking off-topic discussion in the off-topic forum...

and when has this forum section ever been used to demonstrate work pertaining to anything else but project stealth?

Tidenburg

Its irrelevant even if no-ones ever posted their own work before. People are allowed to post their own work should they should be allowed to do so without having people complaining about it.

Zedblade

Quote from: iservealot on November 04, 2007, 08:42:10 PM
Quote from: Overstatement on November 04, 2007, 07:30:20 PM
http://projectstealth.splintercellnetwork.com/index.php/topic,514.0.html

has to do with Project Stealth trade...

no it doesn't, stop being ignorant. It's a model for a completey differant project/mod or whatever. It has nothing to do with project steatlh. THe fact that the artist just happens to work on PS means nothing. Give it a rest and stfu.

B1nArY_001

I think what was meant by "It has to do with Project Stealth trade..." was that we are bartering models for animation with another mod so that we all get what we need and everyone's happy.

frvge

Yes. Anyway, unless decided otherwise, this thread is allowed to stay. Other models of reason HAVE to be in this thread. No 2 threads about different models. (for now)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

reason3d

there really isnt any other place where people are active and would even take a moment to say anything about the work i presented .

sure its for a different mod , a military simulation mod , and i dont see why i cant link to PS in my mod site ... many old friends like mr mic and element and others , even you dizzle , i aint been kind to ya lately but you misunderstand what i am willing to do for people , i offer advice and when its reasonable i share resources .

i feel kinda stupid , but then again its one model , for a completely non-competitive mod , noone will go rushing down to fileshack to download my mod just cause they seen a wip character that is far lesser quality (so far ) than PS's .

and while in recruitment stages , if i find someone who is very talented of course i will mention him to you and offer to ask him if he would help out here too , this modding isnt about " hey this is ours , gtfo" its about being part of the modding community , you should know better than anyone how willing i am to help people out , i helped everyone who came to those map editor discussion forums

iservealot

In case everyone missed my first post, I was simply saying it should be moved to an OT section (which needs to be created)

reason3d

well since im off topic anyways , but in reality it dont matter cause noone cares about where the model is going , only what state it is in and will be in . that was the point of posting it .

but goodkebaba or anyone know of a resource teaching the low-poly/high-poly nomral mapping method , i comepletely forget how to generate the normals map ,and im beginning to setup for the high poly version .

reason3d

well a week passed and ive been crazy busy again ...

its 5600 polys and will have a unique skin , not the general wood n' metal look to it . ill show ya when its skinned .