Spy model...in progress

Started by goodkebab, February 18, 2007, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Keep 'em coming kebab!  8) It's looking gorgeous (from a non-artistic PoV)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

here is the upper arm....I am really loving mudbox by now.

Overstatement

I think we're getting a little too carried away with the muscles.

frvge

Meh, you won't notice it when you're playing.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MR.Mic

Quote from: Overstatement on February 13, 2007, 02:50:47 PM
I think we're getting a little too carried away with the muscles.

How else would you be able to climb a pipe while holding yourself outward from it indefinitely?
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Overstatement

Double sided tape on the fingertips. Spiderman does it...

frvge

MacBryce

Valserp

I want to suck out Kebab's imagination with a straw.
Nice opsat.

Tidenburg

goodkebab

Screen capture.....this is color texture only...no normals maps yet.  I thought i needed a break from normal mapping in order to get a better idea of the texture design.  I was starting to get carried away with the normal maps.

Tidenburg

Nice that looks awesome.

Keep up the good work  ;D looks much nicer than the DA spies already and its not even finished.

Few comments:
Can you repost another so we can see what it look like blue coz im sure itd look better?
Are those lines down the back of the legs gonna be there in the final product?
The greys need to be much darker, he looks metalic/terminator.
The screen on his arm looks really good.

frvge

The screen is definately extremely cool and I really like it overall. Only the goggles are too SC-ish (trademark...)

It looks like this is a low-res model to be used for ingame, because I can't see the detailed muscles etc. Is that correct?

goodkebab

yeah...no normal mapping....so you are not seeing any muscles at this point.  That comes next...basically i need to do both at the same time to get a feel for the textures...and the normal maps have to match the textures.

The line you see is actually is the open gl shading of the graphics card at work.  Thats actually a polygonal edge wich you will not see ingame.

Btw:  I want the spy to be slightly greyish-silver in bright ambient settings...and then fade to near black in darker settings.  Reason is...both technically -grey is better camoflauge at night and the silver effect i like.

Overstatement

Where are the tubes?!

I don't get a "feel" of what the materials are. The gray parts look like he's made of stone and the black parts are made of...black stone. Yeah, he feels like a statue. Parts of the normal map have patterns on them (honeycombs on half of the arms), don't you need to match that on the diffuse texture?