Abandoned Asylum - Map

Started by Cpl.Dimz, December 06, 2006, 02:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpl.Dimz

well i will omit a real story behind it since i want to get straight to the point ...

im thinking of mount hospital , but if it were ruined by a load of crazed out medicated psycho's then it would look alot more intimidating imo .

so the idea of numbered rooms would be the same , i think a central elevator shaft for the staff could be put in , as well as an outside park are for the visitors . ive seen images of one mental health facility where it even had an arboredum around it , sort of looked like a hospital enclosed in a jungle . would be a good balance of indoor/outdoor action if done with , and the entire map would look pretty spectacular and scary with a jungle outside and ruined dark hallways inside .

that is a start in unreal runtime enigne 2 demo's editor . the outside is nothing near complete and the textures inside are fairly poor .

Jordan

Wow thats pretty cool. I would like to see a map like that, something with alot of scary feelings while not with a teammate.

Overstatement

So what's that black strip on the walls inside? And I notice you are viewing the outside through a entranceway (presumibly for cars since it looks big) of a stone wall so is the idea of the map a really old building, isolated in the forest converted into a modern asylum?

Cpl.Dimz

basically its the other way around , it was a fairly modern asylum , but it was since run-down into a dead-looking shithouse for nuts . the outside area could involve a parking area , that was in the runtime demo and i map in centimeters , so the scale may have been off , it was only big enough to walk through though . so the jungle area ( or arboredum ) would envelope the building .

the strips on the wall are just paint , it would designate the floor or sector of the hospital .

Vega

pretty neat so far dimz.....my only complaint so far is the sloppy texturing (which you mentioned already).  The floor looks very dull and the textures on the walls don't match up.