Announcing our new logo and our roadmap for 2014

Started by frvge, January 02, 2014, 02:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 19, 2014, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: frvge on January 18, 2014, 03:49:45 PM
Hmz, that could also work. I'm still unsure that the best one is. At first I thought "Tactical", but based on your comment, I'm now not sure anymore. haha.
Could you announce pro and contra for the "Tactical" choice? To what reasons it could be good idea to put label "Tactical"? To what reasons it could be not?

Previously I explained my point wisely. You could see why my variant could be good for promoting. Tell me, please, why my proposal could be not good.

I understand that some posts here are meant to be fun, but overall this thread should provide solution for an important task.

Can't understand why the almost only reason for the posters is 'neatly'.

Also why members do not want to critique points of each other? Is this unacceptable somehow?
I'm officially proclaim that beating crap of my proposal is fairly acceptable. Doing this is acceptable for me and will not grow in any kind of forum flame war. Do this and thank you for your time.

"Which one" of your suggestions do you mean? You made more than one and I am not sure which ones were serious and which ones were just jokes.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 08, 2014, 04:42:21 PM
Multiplayer Online Action - Project Stealth Game.
My bad. I edited my post to make proposed concept more bigger. Follow url for my quoted post to see whole and very serious itself post.
Join Project Stealth Wiki development. Join clan of non-violence infiltrators
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

NeoSuperior

Now that I see it again it seems to be a much too "broad" tag, as literally ANY shooter can be tagged like that. Also, as I already mentioned, it essentially say it is nothing more than an "action" game (the "multiplayer online" is always there anyway). This does not really say much because over 60% (yea no statistics, I just pulled this number out of my a$$) of "multiplayer online" games are "action" the other 40% are strategy games or real-time-strategy games. So it MAY be the best search result. But do you know what the problem is? While many people search for that tag, you have to consider that the supply of "action" games is endless, escpacially considering other indie games. What good is it to use a tag that is searched for by 2000 people, when there are 20.000 games of that category?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 20, 2014, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 08, 2014, 04:42:21 PM
Multiplayer Online Action - Project Stealth Game.
My bad. I edited my post to make proposed concept more bigger. Follow url for my quoted post to see whole and very serious itself post.

your suggestion seems very bland.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

WTaFa(Wraith)

Again my bad. Now I did my homework - recheck about what I am talking about - look here
http://www.thief-haven.com/project-stealth

This is how Page Heading is looking. It goes before Article Title.

Now tell me please how much hearts your tactical-, stealth- or even any-synonyms-of-reborn-addicted feelings proposed by me Page Heading?
Take a look on this web page again.
Is it a too big problem really?

Under what title PS should be promoted on game sites is a slightly different question. Sometimes 'tactical' could be used, sometimes 'action' and sometimes 'stealth' with much success. Promoter should choose right title for specific game site and for specific game community.

And it doesn't matter what web site is talking about Project Stealth: official, facebook page, fan page or forum thread.

Players should clearly get why Project Stealth is Tactical (for example) game and why it's tactical features is better then in another games.

The same goes when title Stealth is used. From IndieDB PS page: "Project Stealth is a game based on Stealth Action Multiplayer (SAM) game play."

Why the game is belongs to stealth genre is not written.
Why the game stealth features is good is not written.
What is stealth (it could happens that reader is total noob) is not written.

Random player after checking first sentence should just believe writer that proposed game is cool cos word 'stealth' was used in title and in the name of the game?

Project Stealth game belongs to stealth genre cos word 'stealth' was used in the game name?

I hope Frvge could backup chosen title with nicely composed article.

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 20, 2014, 04:48:13 PM
What good is it to use a tag that is searched for by 2000 people, when there are 20.000 games of that category?
Any new game could be popular because some time at the begging it will be a fresh new game. Of course it's up to developers to decide how aggressive advertising tactic they will use. All that we can do is to see what they will do and by doing so understand what people they are.
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 20, 2014, 09:01:08 PMAny new game could be popular because some time at the begging it will be a fresh new game. Of course it's up to developers to decide how aggressive advertising tactic they will use. All that we can do is to see what they will do and by doing so understand what people they are.

"Action" simply is not an eye catcher anymore (IF it ever was...). Why should people play project stealth and not random action indie game #8943? If people are looking for an "action game", then they may search the web. The first one the player likes will be played by him, i.e. he stops the search and settles with the game that piqued his interest. But people who want a "stealth" game, will actually look for a "stealth game". Do you understand?

Going with "action" would be like "yo guys, let's leave our success to luck, because, who knows? Maybe we hit the 0,001% chance that a lot of people will randomly find our site first, because we always have lucky streaks!"

Going with "stealth" would be much safer as in people who are looking for stealth games are much more likely to find PS, as it is a MUCH SMALLER Genre than "action".

THEN later on, when we have a more or less solid player base, we could try to bring in other people, for example by encourageing the now newly formed solid player base to spread the word about PS (like a religion, lolz), which may bring even more people.

You have to see it realistically: It is very unlikely that PS will be famous from the get go, no matter what kind of search tags we attach to it (the number of new indies is simply too high at all almost times) and IMO using the "action" tag does not gurantee a high enough reward for the risk it poses.

- Mike Godwin

WTaFa(Wraith)

On what positions in Google for query 'stealth action multiplayer' you could see Project Stealth entries, Meister_Neo? I couldn't check it myself well cos my country is not English speaking thus Google wouldn't show me details actual for English speaking people.

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 06, 2014, 05:37:20 PM
I repeat: "Remastered Stealth Action Multiplayer", please!
I've got your point - http://www.thief-haven.com/project-stealth

Don't you think that we spam word 'stealth' in two nearby rows?
Also the questions is stand still:
Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 20, 2014, 09:01:08 PM
Why the game is belongs to stealth genre is not written.
Why the game stealth features is good is not written.
What is stealth (it could happens that reader is total noob) is not written.

Random player after checking first sentence should just believe writer that proposed game is cool cos word 'stealth' was used in title and in the name of the game?

Project Stealth game belongs to stealth genre cos word 'stealth' was used in the game name?
The same goes for term 'Remastered':
Why dev team decided to remaster?
From what it was remastered?
How it was remastered?
What results were archived?

The whole appearance of having such Page Heading and Article Title

is such that two ambitious expressions are used.
One is 'Remastered ...' and second is 'Project Stealth'.

Why it's not enough to use one ambitious thing?
Expression 'Project Stealth' looks enough cool to start with it alone.

Currently we can't pretend to beat those 20.000 Indies with our outstanding gameplay, but we're pretending to use TWO ambitious expressions? Without wise elaborating each of them?

NeoSuperior

Actually you are right about the double use of "stealth" being quite inconvenient. This does not change my stance about "Multiplayer Online Action" though. i.e. both are not really the best.

Now let's continue brainstorming: How about Metal Gear Solid's "Tactical Espionage Action"?

- Mike Godwin

WTaFa(Wraith)

Thanx for support, Meister_Neo. I'll back to the safe 'Multiplayer Online Action' option then if everybody silently agree with my proposal.

frvge

I disagree.

Also the game isn't called "Project Stealth Game", but "Project Stealth".
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

Are you guys still deciding about the name of the game or it will be just "Project Stealth"?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: WTaFa(Wraith) on January 23, 2014, 05:00:33 PM
Thanx for support, Meister_Neo. I'll back to the safe 'Multiplayer Online Action' option then if everybody silently agree with my proposal.

What support? I said that Multiplayer Online Action is NOT good. ARGH, stop twisting my words!

Now: how about "Assymetric Tactical RPG", i.e. ATRPG?

I mean it really is a roleplay game already, as you have 2 "classes": Spy and Merc!  8)

PROBLEM?

- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

RPG doesnt fit at all, you could put your argument with the roles on every other game aswell. Counter Strike is an RPG because it has Terrorist and Anti Terrorists, lol.
When a game is called RPG people expect elements like quests, level system, talents, NPCs and all the other elements that real roleplay games have.

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: frvge on January 23, 2014, 07:59:43 PM
I disagree.

Also the game isn't called "Project Stealth Game", but "Project Stealth".
Thanx for noticing this! Strange I previously had article name like you said i.e. "Project Stealth".
But then I understood that these two words don't present well what it's going about. So I added "Game".

Why are you not agree with the "Game" addition, Frvge? Reader could misunderstand us with the project of stealth jets.