"Classic" SvM also implemented in Blacklist!

Started by dYnAm1c, May 07, 2013, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novacane

I think the knife nonsense and auto kill functions are probably the worst part of these previews. Seeing the back of the Merc, hearing that grabbing noise and then snapping their necks had to have been the most rewarding feeling ever in a video game.

As far as the infinite lives thing, I understand where vanilla's coming from and I don't think that affects the game too much if everything else is done right.

I think as long as they keep the SUSPENSE in the game, it will be as successful as Chaos Theory.

NeoSuperior

oh damn... just watched a "classic 2v2" 20 min gameplay video... I jump right to the most important issue: Ghosting is not really possible anymore, it is way too action oriented and there are infinite lives. The maps are also too small... I don't even want to know how the 4v4 will look, if THIS is what they call "classic".

Other issues:
Jumpkills are instantous, you cannot even block or dodge it when a spy jumps at you while you can see him. The moment he starts to jump, the kill is already made. A frontal 1on1 melee fight seems to be a laag & luck & hitbox hitting contest, as the chances to win (at least from what I saw) are 50:50. Also chaffs are now totally overpowered. It's range is around 3 times as big as it was in CT and they don't "disable" the gadgets, they outright DESTROY them! Also you can taze a merc and then melee kill him... what a load of BS.

Or to put it into blacklist terms: Mercs represent "Assault"-style and Spies represent "Panther"-style. However there is no "Ghost"-style there at all, which is quite disappointing. Of course maybe those who played were just noobs and those pre-release videos should be taken too seriously.

Until now mercs were at least liked for being so strong. Suriving was always possible as long as you were skilled enough. Because of that spies were forced to actually use a stealthy playstyle. And even if blacklist makes the gun more useful (basically they are Uzi from SCCT without FPS breakdowns and ironsight zoom), the motivation to play as a merc is simply non-existant. You could literally take a soldier from CoD give him flashlight and sensor and put him in the place of the merc. You would probably not notice any difference.

Really, I considered getting it... but now IF I get it at all, it will be the same as frvge: Waiting for it to become much cheaper. I am seriously disappointed about SC:B.

Now I hope heartcore games will release their first game in 2013 (come on, at least closed alpha for us!)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

I'm actually happy (not fully, but happy) of what they have done with Blacklist, It's already a huge step after SCC. I'll play SCB Vs mode (and probably i'll still play SCCT Vs mode) until PS (Or whatever it will be named) will be released.

I also agree with your issues, Press-to-jump and press-to-DFA still make me nervous. Also the lifes won't be customizable, even if it's a private match.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

SheikTheGeek

It took me awhile to get used to everything, but I do like this game.  Instakills are gonna take a LONG time to get used too.  Your head needs to be on a swivel at all times.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Scanty Chunk

I'm super bummed that you can just sprint behind a merc and he won't have any idea that you're there. But if you get in that 180* radar, he knows instantly...