My Sketchbook

Started by tigaer, April 23, 2010, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

@ Farley
I haven't even started on the eyes, aside from the linework. But thanks for the heads up. It's not clinton though haha she's not that pretty.

Anyway,

Downloaded a pencil brush for photoshop and was messing around with it for like 10 mins. I think it's really fucking awesome and will be using it more because it feels a lot like drawing with an actual pencil. I encourage everybody to try it.

Pencil Brush,
http://andantonius.deviantart.com/art/Andantonius-Pencil-Brush-105284502

Farley4Fan

Dude.  Awesome brush.  Thanks for the link man.

So, you're saying Clinton isn't pretty and your lady drawing is?  You're right about one thing. :D

no i'm jk'ing u

tigaer

Quick sketch of an idea for a Halo Reach map I have. Will be working on this more throughout the week after I get off work.

tigaer

Quick sketch of a futuristic building inside a canyon... or something like that lol.

Farley4Fan

I need halp im so newb...

I've never installed a brush before.  I wanted to try that pencil one so badly...  I installed it, it says I can use it from the brush selection, but it looks so damn, uhh, normal?  Does this need an "action" activated for it to work?

I was doodling an old man (with a mouse no tablet :(), and then I realized that there was no way that this was the pencil brush or that it was working.  When I realized it wasn't working I gave up and decided to draw animals coming from his ear.  I don't know.  Don't ask about the gun.  Thought it would be funny to do a little "BANG!" flag coming out of the barrel but I didn't leave enough room  :D

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Use pressure sensitivity, then it works alright.

Farley4Fan

Did you guys see the 7 legged spider?   :D   Lennard will get it.

Succubus ur saying I need a tablet?   :(

frvge

Yes, the 7 legged spider is classic.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

tigaer

Yeah, you need a tablet to use the brush properly due to the pressure sens.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

They're cheap, 250$ gets you a good bamboo.

tigaer

Quote from: Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet on August 26, 2010, 10:59:50 AM
They're cheap, 250$ gets you a good bamboo.

I'd actually go for an Intuos over a Bamboo, just for quality reasons. It's worth the extra money.

Also, I posted this on another forum. Thought it might be of help to somebody if they ever needed it.

Quote(Talking about starting your drawing off simple) ...basically what I would do is start off simple; get the basic form of all the shapes, i.e. eyes, lips. ears, nose, body shape, hair shape and then start with highlights, then move to basic shadows, then blend the highlights and shadows more where needed.

This is a WIP of a painting I'm currently working on, you can see my base color layer, then my current progress.

Then I drew this up to show you how to achieve gradients and start at the basics,

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: Farley4Fan on August 25, 2010, 09:54:40 AM

Lemmiwinks would b pissed, hes not a turtle. btw idea for sketch: Dramatic Look Lemmiwinks ... \O/
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

Farley4Fan

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on August 28, 2010, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on August 25, 2010, 09:54:40 AM

Lemmiwinks would b pissed, hes not a turtle. btw idea for sketch: Dramatic Look Lemmiwinks ... \O/

?

I have no clue what this or what your talking about hahaa

tigaer

Listening to In Exile by Thrice, so I call this one "In Exile".

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: tigger on September 01, 2010, 08:48:02 AM

Listening to In Exile by Thrice, so I call this one "In Exile".

ha! i'd imagine that would be like watching "Children of Dune", awesome movie btw (Sci-Fi original)/

"History is written on the Sand of Irakus"...
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"