Modeler looking for work

Started by Drogen, September 02, 2010, 12:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drogen

I would love to help you guys, I am a recent graduate from Full Sail University with a degree in Game Art and a major in Environment/Architectural Modeling.

You can see some of my work, demo reel and learn more about me on my site AndrewFotos.com

Email: Andrew.Fotos@Yahoo.com

Thanks,
Andrew

B1nArY_001

Nice reel :)

What area were you looking to help out in? We could really use a modeler/texture artist that has experience with current gen modeling and texturing. Do you have any links to some works that are normal mapped real time models?

Drogen

Hi Binary,

I guess I would prefer to do Environment/Prop Modeling and Texturing.  If you guys do need help with any rigging or animating or lighting I have experience with all of those fields as well and would be more than happy to help.  I don't actually have any real time models with Normal maps on them right now, I do have experience making those Normal/Bump maps for props and environment pieces though.

Hope to hear from you soon.  :)

Andrew

B1nArY_001

If you would model an old style radiant heater such as this one to showcase your skills it would be appreciated.

White will be fine and also a bit of dust and grime along with the chips in the enamel and some cast-iron showing through. For the gas hookup running a pipe into a fitting that can be lined up flush to a wall would be perfect.

When you're done just post up a few screens in this thread of the finished model with your diffuse, specular and normal maps as well please.

A Google image seach for "cast iron radiator" brings up a whole slew of reference material showing the gasline hookups etc.

Good luck! :)

Drogen

Can I just get a clarification on the Poly Count for this as well as the map sizes? =)

Thanks,
Andrew

Kon Artist

1400 tris. maps size. 512x 512, diffuse, spec, normal.

B1nArY_001

The biggest thing is that you get the shape as closely matched as possible with the minimum amount of geometry and still have enough to support the normal map details that may require a little geometrical support to get a realistic look. If you can get it less than the estimated amount that's a definite bonus but if you have to go over by a little bit and it's necessary to do so, don't sweat it.