Battlefield 3 teaser trailer released

Started by SteveTheCookie, February 05, 2011, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

DreadStunLock

Not really seeing anything awesome, all it is, is just a distorted video with a blue neon, and couple of military hardware with troopers....

Farley4Fan

Well the big thing for me was definitely the showing of the jet at the end.  I think that was done to show the players that they are making a true, huge PC battlefield and not a smaller/console bad company style game (good as they are).  64 players would rock my socks, but even 32 players would be fine if they add some destruction elements. 

The maps must be huge if they are bringing back jets so I hope that they want to fill the maps with lots of players. I saw the helicopter and I was like meh I guess they are keeping it small/simple again, and then WHAMFLAMBAMJAM the jet takes out the chopper.

Also one more thing.  It's releasing this year.  Finally a game that isn't teased/announced about 4 years before it's ready.

SteveTheCookie

Quote from: Farley4Fan on February 05, 2011, 10:55:18 AM
Well the big thing for me was definitely the showing of the jet at the end.  I think that was done to show the players that they are making a true, huge PC battlefield and not a smaller/console bad company style game (good as they are).  64 players would rock my socks, but even 32 players would be fine if they add some destruction elements. 

The maps must be huge if they are bringing back jets so I hope that they want to fill the maps with lots of players. I saw the helicopter and I was like meh I guess they are keeping it small/simple again, and then WHAMFLAMBAMJAM the jet takes out the chopper.

Also one more thing.  It's releasing this year.  Finally a game that isn't teased/announced about 4 years before it's ready.
Well, DICE already confirmed 64 players (in the PC version). They also said it's not going to feel like a console port. :D

Spark Mandriller

I wonder if it will have excellent quotes like BF2 did.

JrvUnleashed

I refuse to get it for console, considering it's lack of 64 players, so I'm just going to wait until I get my new computer in a few months and buy it then. I'm a huge BF2 fan, so hopefully this game lives up to it's predecessor.
"misunderestimate"
"Strategery"
"prognosticator"
~George W. Bush

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

No map is big enough to justify jets. Attack helicopters are as advanced air support that should be operated by players. Jets should be something the commander can order on a specific target. Having players up in the air doing dogfights without helping with ground support is pointless and makes for bad gameplay.

I hope it will be modable so we can expect Project Reality picking it up. The whole reason I bought BF2 was just to have a blast with that mod.

knooger

Project Reality for BF2 and rest GTFO, believe me.

DreadStunLock

If they are bringing jets back, those bastards better make good controls for the Jets and the Helicopters, BF2142 just fucking sucked when you had a gunship -.-

SteveTheCookie

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 05, 2011, 06:43:23 PM
If they are bringing jets back, those bastards better make good controls for the Jets and the Helicopters, BF2142 just fucking sucked when you had a gunship -.-
No, it's just that you sucked when you had a gunship. Uhuhu.

DreadStunLock

Technically I only had it once, and the controls sucked for every flyable shit on that game, the controls for the rest were good except the hover tank. (And flying machines too)

NeoSuperior

no XP support  :-X

seems i need 7 sooner or later...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Finrar

Project Reality will kick this ass anytime

knooger

Quote from: Risto on February 06, 2011, 05:23:01 PM
Project Reality will kick this ass anytime
Yeah, check out "New Era Warfare" they are testing 128players server.
Now even BF3 can suck :D

I've played yesterday on *NEW* server, everything worked fine for me and that's even more amazing.

BTW.
For any reason, I cannot login on xfire ?
You have any problems with it guys?