Project Stealth Mine

Started by B1nArY_001, November 09, 2007, 05:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

Quote from: Gawain on December 13, 2007, 11:53:19 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on December 13, 2007, 11:30:32 PM
Sometimes when I knew the spy had his last life I would plant a mine and face the wall covering the mine with my body.  Then I would put on gas mask so he couldn't put me to sleep.  If he came to grab me or jump on me it would be game over.  ;D
another example of your n00biness...
Quote from: Kok4f4n on December 14, 2007, 12:09:07 AM
Why noobiness? It's cool and if the spy is such a moron to run up on a merc then he's an idiot.
Gawain note that REAL pros would help worse ppl to grow skill, and you don't do that. You only point out what you don't like, without any arguments to support it.
just for you my aikido fellow:
1)this "tactic" simeply doesn't work, all it does is get you killed occasionally. a good spy easily avoid a camping merc and certainly wouldn't run towards him to get a neck when there is a mine beeping.
2)putting on gas mask is pointless against quick cams as you can't keep it activated all the time and it even lowers you fov.
3)it's not my job to teach papa skull how to improve in ct, especially not if he refuses to play the pc version which is quite ridiculous. if a new player askeds me to give him some advice i'd spend some minutes with him for the sake of the community. i simply can't see why i should respect a guy that considers himself as equally skilled when he got no idea what he's talking about in his monster-spam-threads.
4)still waiting for you aqua 1337-strat video papa, rofl mao lol

frvge

*points to the topic title*  :'( :'(

C'mon guys, try to be nice.

I don't want to temporarily lock threads.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

:retracted:
I was tired.

B1nArY_001

Seriously can we give the PC vs console bullshit a rest?

You both have HUUUGE virtual cocks, yay everyone's happy now!

P.S. My dad can beat up your dad.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Gawain on December 14, 2007, 12:55:06 AM
Quote from: Gawain on December 13, 2007, 11:53:19 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on December 13, 2007, 11:30:32 PM
Sometimes when I knew the spy had his last life I would plant a mine and face the wall covering the mine with my body.  Then I would put on gas mask so he couldn't put me to sleep.  If he came to grab me or jump on me it would be game over.  ;D
another example of your n00biness...
Quote from: Kok4f4n on December 14, 2007, 12:09:07 AM
Why noobiness? It's cool and if the spy is such a moron to run up on a merc then he's an idiot.
Gawain note that REAL pros would help worse ppl to grow skill, and you don't do that. You only point out what you don't like, without any arguments to support it.
just for you my aikido fellow:
1)this "tactic" simeply doesn't work, all it does is get you killed occasionally. a good spy easily avoid a camping merc and certainly wouldn't run towards him to get a neck when there is a mine beeping.
2)putting on gas mask is pointless against quick cams as you can't keep it activated all the time and it even lowers you fov.
3)it's not my job to teach papa skull how to improve in ct, especially not if he refuses to play the pc version which is quite ridiculous. if a new player askeds me to give him some advice i'd spend some minutes with him for the sake of the community. i simply can't see why i should respect a guy that considers himself as equally skilled when he got no idea what he's talking about in his monster-spam-threads.
4)still waiting for you aqua 1337-strat video papa, rofl mao lol

Hmmm... Where do I begin.  Let's start off by saying that you are a fucking ignorant flaming piece of shit retard.

I didn't say anything to him.  He just decided " hey there is a post by papa skull, I won't even read his post and just flame him and say he's a noob without ever seeing him play. "  That's the difference between me and you Gawain.  You are completely biased and you won't learn to accept PC isn't the only way to play Spies Vs Mercenaries.  Ubi released it for both console and PC so stfu, they are essentially the same game.

I've only done that twice.  My little trick that is fun to do.  I only would do it near a vital objective or the last one to get.  For example:  I've done it on Aquarius.  It was the last objective and I did it near the tank by the terminal.  I was in camnet mode so the spy just thought that I was looking through camnet and I happened to be facing the wall when I activated it.  What is the spy going to do?  Hack the objective with me standing right there?  He was on his last life, his buddy was completely out of lives, and there was only 3 seconds left on the objective.  Do you realize that it is much harder to hear mines sometimes on console?  You can't hear mines so clear.  This doesn't make the PC version more elite by the way.  The spy didn't RUN up to me.  He was crouching.  The mine went off, we all died, it was funny as hell, game over.

I don't use it as a "tactic".  It was like a once in good while oppurtunity and I took the chance of doing it because I thought it would be hilarious.  Don't use it as proof of me being a noob, are you kidding?  Haven't you ever done something in a video game because you thought it would be fun?  Like locking yourself in the tank in Aquarius and having it fill up or jumping off a huge cliff? If you did then it isn't because you are a noob, it was because you thought it would be fun.  That's what I did.  Wtf is wrong with you seriously...

Gawain

i explained why it sucks because of kokafan's request.

i'm well aware that you do this for fun, but only a real noob would run into the trap.

BurningDeath

Not going into detail here, but I just quick-read that Gawain said something like:

"putting on gas mask is pointless against quick cams"

ehm ... like what?! I never found it too hard to have the gasmask selected and press 1 (one!) button to activate it in time. Maybe my superior reflexes. Whatever.

Gawain

it was in the context that one camps at a spot and puts on gasmask but doesn't activate it which doesn't help against cams but does the opposite by lowering the fov. at least for me it makes no difference to press one or two buttons.
btw i pointed out in other threads that the activation delay should come when you select mask and not when you activate it.