Main Menu

Music

Started by Cyntrox, November 18, 2007, 06:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyntrox

Hello! I am a novice composer so I don't really know if you'll like what I can do - but hell, why not give it a shot? With a lot of feedback I may be able to come up with something you like.

Here's something I've made. I tried to capture an "epic" feel, I guess it's most suited as some kind of theme song.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=25404

neth

well, im impressed, i think you would need a concept for the main melody if you want to make main music for mod. I thought about it but couldnt find an easy and appropriate prox. What did u use to create that ?

LennardF1989

Could you please upload it elsewhere, thank you :)
Preferably somewhere where you can do  Right click > Save As...

Cyntrox

Quote from: neth on November 18, 2007, 06:22:12 PM
well, im impressed, i think you would need a concept for the main melody if you want to make main music for mod. I thought about it but couldnt find an easy and appropriate prox. What did u use to create that ?
Thank you. And I used Sequel (http://www.sequel-music.net/), with MIDI recording.
Quote from: LennardF1989 on November 18, 2007, 06:22:36 PM
Could you please upload it elsewhere, thank you :)
Preferably somewhere where you can do  Right click > Save As...
Alright, sure, have any suggestion? I kinda just googled and picked the first thing that came up :P

LennardF1989

limikkin

sounds like you nailed it....i dig it!

nice job man.

Overstatement

www.youtube.com I don't care about quality or downloading as much as convenience for this sort of thing.

frvge

Hmz. it's got ups and downs.
Some instruments are good, but some transitions arent good.
It lacks an overall theme. Too much switching of styles/background instruments IMO.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cyntrox

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bx1rqy

I'm uploading it on youtube right now.

Edit: Youtube doesn't want to cooperate >.>

Cyntrox

Quote from: frvge on November 18, 2007, 06:45:17 PM
Hmz. it's got ups and downs.
Some instruments are good, but some transitions arent good.
It lacks an overall theme. Too much switching of styles/background instruments IMO.
Thank you, any particular transitions you don't like?

frvge

The first time of the violins,
the addition of slow strings to the fast piano (but gets better at the end),
the slow ending part is really different from the fast piano bit.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cyntrox

the addition of slow strings to the fast piano (but gets better at the end),
Is it the addition of strings or the change of chords you don't like?
the slow ending part is really different from the fast piano bit.
Yes... I'm not too happy with the ending. I'm going to try to improve that.

LennardF1989

It's perfect, I like how you build it up from the beginning and the ending is not bad at all, it it creates a nice ending to loop it! (Just make it loop immediatly aftr the endng, you'll hear it's perfect).

LennardF1989

Could you give some portfolio perhaps?
And soem information on this song, like, how did you came up with it, how long did it take, would you be possible to create soem kind of theme that keep coming back (a real good example is the music from Medal of Honor Allied Assault and earlier, it has a particular tune that keeps coming back, it's magnificant).

Add me to Xfire, and Ill share some with you.
Xfire: LennardF1989

Gawain

frvge said the most important flaws.
i like the beginning. it's epic, but not creepy enough, it doesn't convey the moot to sneak around and the suspense for the mercs not knowing when someone attacks out of the shadows.
do you know pandora tomorrow main theme and menu music? would be awesome if you could create something similar.