Tick Tock - Camo video

Started by frvge, February 14, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Some of the crispness got lost in two transcodings. Originally, it looks a sligfhtly better. Now it's a bit more blurry. But the final game version won't have suffered from transcodings so it should be fine.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Quote from: frvge on March 10, 2009, 06:25:45 PM
Some of the crispness got lost in two transcodings. Originally, it looks a sligfhtly better. Now it's a bit more blurry. But the final game version won't have suffered from transcodings so it should be fine.

lol dont you mean encoding? :D

frvge

Encoding is creating a different file from a source, an image. Transcoding is translating an image from type A to type B. In this case, the raw AVI was encoded to wmv, then the wmv was transcoded to another wmv, but thereby it lost more detail.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Chaos Theory Who

Well its now January of 2010. I was just curious whats become of the camo? that was one of my favorite gadgets, along with the heartbeat sensor. until the 360 ruined it with the green outline.

frvge

It's afaik the same as shown in the latest video.

Spekkio

Late to this thread (obviously), but I like the new camo effect. Neat way of making sure that spies can't activate it at the 11th hour of a merc passing by + it looks really cool.

I also think your idea of varying the energy drain is ingenious. It's like...so obvious, but no one thought of it.

I'm still crossing my fingers for camo and gasmask to be inherent equipment...

frvge

Everything is possible. xD. And thanks for your compliment.

comicsserg

Have a question about camo effect. It looks pretty good, but now you can't see the spy.
I was thinking that like in SC the spy was transparent but you could see the edges it like the water that refracts on the edges.
So if the spy completely transparent (like now) it's immpossible for merc to see him.

frvge

There's refraction based on speed and distance to the Merc.

comicsserg

aaa ok then :)
Can merc see a spy with his vision if a spy in camo mode?

frvge

Yes, with EMF. Maybe with Motion tracking too, but I'm not sure about that.

comicsserg

Ok I think just emf otherwise it's not fair

Farley4Fan

Comic, I think Frvge means that the merc might be able to see a spy using camo if the spy is moving.

I personally think that camo needs a boost and if it can be a good motion tracking counter then it might become a viable gadget.

Gawain

the biggest boost for camo is taking away the activation sound.
replacing it with the light flash, however, has some serious drawbacks.
it prohibits sneaking from shadow to shadow which should be one of the main uses of camo.
on the other side, all those changes make camo way more dangerous up close which is great for interactivity.
i also like that you can hide with camo from emf now standing in front of emf-active materials.

frvge

Oh, didn't think of that last thing yet. Nice job.