Main Menu

The Rope.

Started by VaNilla, December 26, 2008, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

I think the spies could gain one of the co-operative moves from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-operative mode. At certain places in the maps you play on, you would have the ability to lower your team-mate down things like for example, vents. You could even have the ability to lower your team-mate off the edges of surfaces to lower ground. This would allow you to access places in the map more quickly than travelling there yourself, or have the ability to hack certain objectives with more ease.

Say for example you are in Clubhouse, on the roof. There could be a hole in the wall of the building so that you can get under the floor from the roof, but the drop is high. This would require you to lower your team-mate, which gives the player quicker access to get below the floorboards of the first floor, but decreases the amount of time you have to split up and do things by yourself. This would mean you have to judge what is the best option based on your current situation.

There may be a hack in Jacuzzi that you want to access from the top floor of Lunch Room, so that you can hack Jacuzzi and then rise up to Lunch Room to hack the laptop in there and protect your friend with ease. However, when hacking while being lowered, the team-mate lowering you is exposed, and it's harder for you to escape. This again could arise some important tactical decisions.

What do you think?

Roberto1223

its what ive always wanted!

coop moves from SCCT COOP mode transfered to PS

Farley4Fan

I think I suggested this once.  I don't really remember what the general response was though.

Kurbutti

Probably no. Mainly due to the increased level of pain in the map designer's ass, and because we already have a mechanic in place, that a)needs two spies at one spot at the same time b) allows easy access to objectives c)is a risky manouver.

Roberto1223

Quote from: Kurbutti on December 28, 2008, 06:23:20 AM
Probably no. Mainly due to the increased level of pain in the map designer's ass, and because we already have a mechanic in place, that a)needs two spies at one spot at the same time b) allows easy access to objectives c)is a risky manouver.

yes you are right, but it would be like 2 distinct coop moves per map. we are not asking for the whole arrange of coop and special moves for each map.

just like 2 to vary it up in each map depending on the theme of each map.

i hope u understand what im trying to get at.

VaNilla

It might make things harder for map editors, and although I agree it may over-do it in terms of what we can do in Co-op, what's wrong with useful expansion? Just putting the idea out there to see what people think.

Tidenburg

Are you talking about events like GE's where the co-op move can be performed only in specific places where the developer wants you do or would the game detect if the move was possible at all times? If it's the former then it shouldn't make any difference because, apart from community pressure he has no reason to elect not to add them to his map. Problem solved. :]

VaNilla

I was talking about GE's I think it would be useless in most places.