Main Menu

A new move

Started by Tidenburg, February 17, 2007, 08:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overstatement

Quote from: Valserp on March 26, 2007, 11:29:24 PM
I got an idea!
Make a DM mode, yes do! Then, program it so whenever someone chooses to host/join a DM server their disk gets formatted. Or their PC explodes. Or or... their monitor, yes! And glass blasts in their face!

I think that privilege should be reserved for names with alternating capitals.

goodkebab

spy elbow punch works pretty well in most cases...except corners of course.

But honestly....i dont have enough sympathy for DMers to create a move for that.  I personally think the fan base is big enough that we need to at least ALLOW DM to be played, although rail camping should be controlled to 2-3 steps only.

Spekkio

I say don't even bother with DM. It's not worth all those extra hours to create a new game mode that is incompatible with the game's overall premise in the first place.

LiVe.To.Di3

hey like i said dm is a great start for noobs. i became a pro there then a super pro at story really fast. i say put dm

Overstatement

I say make a better DM where mercs have more grenades, can see spies on radar at all times except when they're sneaking or he's in smoke (and spies see mercs on radar at all time), let both teams bring one gadget of thier choice and let the fun begin!

Cyntrox

Wha- Are you serious? I hope you're not serious... A DM game where the mercs knows where the spies are at all times? You're not serious, are you?

Overstatement

Assuming your not sarcasming, it would be an awesome idea. If spies are running, they don't care if they're seen or not and will be engaging mercs in smoke (which makes mercs not see spies on radar) but if the spy is running towards his partner, who is hidden in the shadows (sneaking spies don't show on radar), instant trap (knowing where the mercs on radar also makes traps easier)! And I gave the mercs more explosive power for fun and balance.

LiVe.To.Di3

lol then people can use the things or w.e that the programmers used to make the merces see the spies on the radar and make a whole new cheat called radar cheat:D which people have in scct

Overstatement

Don't worry, we'll run it through the hackbuster 3000, twice.

frvge

Meh, formal program verification FTW.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

I didn't understand that the first time you said it...what's it mean?

frvge

Mathematical proof of the correctness of code. That part is then 100% bugfree (not including wrong logic in the OS or hardware level)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

What a vague description, I feel like you're trying to sell me something that would make me a millionare. Examples? And how do you "get" it in a week or two?

frvge

You ever had some more advanced math or logic class? ...

First we have Easter so no class then, so we'll start on that new subject in 2 weeks. Just finished Model Checking.

here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_verification

Overstatement

I still don't get it. But it seems to (loosely) only apply to the math part of programming which is not what programming a mod is about.