Something that would make this game the ultimate entertainment interface

Started by WafflesNSyrup, January 11, 2011, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Quote from: KnoogeR on January 11, 2011, 03:22:46 PM
Who of you wouldn't see same great movies like does CS or CoD4 community? :)
Nothing beats GTA IV's "The Trashmaster", haven't completely seen it yet (it's 90 minutes), but it's just awesome. You actually feel thetesntion ariound 17 minutes into the movie!

http://dai.ly/b2I5wb

DreadStunLock

LennardF1989

DreadStunLock

Meh, I am sure soon enough people will move from Cartoon to the game, so I think someone will make an in-game naruto fan vid :P

NeoSuperior

If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

They will remain dead and sticked to your partners ass so you will be forever and ever ashamed of yourself for dieng.

Ion.67

Haha, 10 people will not be spectators, they will be players... It is a game, you play games. Any work that goes into making the spectator mode useful is wasted time. Game play brings players, not watching others have fun.

DreadStunLock

Disagreed, if Project Stealth going to have a Tournament events, I would love to see top 10/100 or whatever play on the very last round to see who is the winner.

Ion.67

So in the event that this game gets big enough to have a tournament, and your time zone works out, and there are multiple others that are interested in watching rather than playing, this is an average idea. Not too big of a use.

DreadStunLock

Not too big of use yes, but implementing it isn't so hard either.

NeoSuperior

of course the game itself has priority... but noobs can learn from better players by spec-mode
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

Tournaments?

Commentators giving a play by play?

Oh I'm lovin this. Watched a StarCraft tournament video the other day with two Korean guys goin at it. I have no clue what the hell the commentators were talking about, but they were so excited about it that I felt the pressure! What's his face was going for the Golden Mouse! APM is OVER 9000!!!!

We just need two fine gents that can make aggro spies and mine placements sound like a life or death situations.

"Pat, this is usual mine placement for this map."

"Yeah, looks like he's going with a 2-1 spread in the pirate room and museum respectfully".

"Now this is a break from this guys normal behavior in game. He's taking it nice and slo... OHMYGAWDAGGROSPYJUSTRANINANDWENTFORTHENECKSNAP!!!!!"

"WHAT A GREAT PLAY BY THE SPY!! I DON'T KNOW HOW THE MERCS ARE GOING TO COME BACK FROM THA.. OHMYGAWDDOUBLEKILLFORTHEMERCPARTNER!!! WHY WERE THEY STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER!?!?!"

"Tea-bagging, Pat. It must to be done."
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

- Mike Godwin

Cronky

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 15, 2011, 05:53:44 AM
@Cronky:

Who the hell told something about commentators?  ???

Who the hell WOULDN'T talk about commentators? ???

Spectator mode has little practical uses because it's simply for viewing people playing a game that they could be playing themselves. While you could learn some techniques by watching more experienced players, it's a very loose use of the word "Learn". You're again... just watching. You could watch a million videos about how to draw a realistic human figure and still only be able to draw a stickman (and not a very good one at that).

Now with tournaments you would of course need commentators. Why? Because all good tournaments have commentators. If Starcraft wasn't a good enough example. Take UT and the announcer commentating on your current action or status. HEADSHOT. KILLING SPREE. RAMPAGE. M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLLL. Now that's a computer. Not exactly what I was getting at above (that's again more of an announcer), but still. Olympics as another example? Sports of many flavors also?

How am I supposed to understand how much skill was in any single round of a Pro-level game of PS if I don't have someone shouting vaguely technical, yet obvious statements about what the players are doing? Perhaps with some humorous banter between the two commentators (I like the idea of two. More lively.)

PLUS commentators just sounds NIICE when you use it to describe a match. Imagine if you will that you're looking up a match on Youtube. It's titled " PS Tourney Semi-Finals Round 1: Mario Bros Vs Double Dragon | Commentated by Lone Ranger & Tonto" (Each group has two people, get it?). Sure, long name, but after a few matches they wouldn't have to put their name on it anymore. You'd just KNOW. Just has a nice sound to it. Like it was something more than a match of a game that you wouldn't care about otherwise. How many full on matches of CoD do you watch that aren't titled "!!!AMAZING NO DEATH BLOPS MATCH WIZZOR 25-0!!!" or something similar? I'm guessing not many.

So in short, WHO told something about commentators? ME. It was the natural progression of a Spectator mode in my mind. Without commentators, you just have a bunch of people watching a game in silence.

Could they take spectator to another level in tournaments?? Give commentator slots and spectator slots. Commentators can be heard by spectators, but spectators can't talk. Can spectators talk to each other in general? Or is it just a silent viewing (sounds boring).

I've gone on long enough.
(Did you read the whole thing? Because I will be impressed if so!)
(P.S. I hope this is read as sarcastically as possible. I do like commentators though ;))
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky