Poll results: Ping in colored bars or numbers?

Started by frvge, February 24, 2010, 01:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Depends on some cool stuff we're working on. Progress isn't as fast as I want, but a few things are done in semi-parallel by Lennard, so overall it's coming along nicely, but slowly.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: frvge on February 27, 2010, 02:04:30 AMit's hard to come up with new poll questions after a while xD.

How about something like this:  Which objective do you enjoy hacking the most?  Computer, Bomb, or Disk

It would be interesting to see and helpful for the future.

AgentX_003

Quote from: CurdyMilk on February 27, 2010, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: frvge on February 27, 2010, 02:04:30 AMit's hard to come up with new poll questions after a while xD.

How about something like this:  Which objective do you enjoy hacking the most?  Computer, Bomb, or Disk

It would be interesting to see and helpful for the future.

agreed.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Spekkio

I think I preferred PT's method of being able to change the objective types in the maps rather than CT's style of integrating them all at once. That way you could play Warehouse extraction without someone redoing the map.

EDIT: And sabotage was pretty gay without EAX...never could tell where the bomb was as a merc on some maps, and as spy it's frustrating to have to start all over again even if the mercs neutralize it at the very last second.

That shit should appear on the radar and the timer should save if you put the bomb in the same spot. But honestly, I don't think I'd miss sabotage if it weren't in PS at all.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Spekkio on February 28, 2010, 08:46:45 PM
I think I preferred PT's method of being able to change the objective types in the maps rather than CT's style of integrating them all at once. That way you could play Warehouse extraction without someone redoing the map.
Seconded.

VaNilla

If we're talking about options, would it not be advantageous to include both PT's and CT's objective structure?

LennardF1989

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on March 01, 2010, 03:18:26 PM
If we're talking about options, would it not be advantageous to include both PT's and CT's objective structure?
You mean PT didn't had explosion objectives?

I actually want more objective types other than disk, explosive and hacking... I'm open to suggestions.

VaNilla

No, I mean that it would be good to have 5 gametypes in terms of Story mode: Neutralisation, Sabotage, Extraction, Disk and a mode like CT's where you have to complete each type of objective.

LennardF1989

Cronky

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on March 02, 2010, 02:59:37 PM
No, I mean that it would be good to have 5 gametypes in terms of Story mode: Neutralisation, Sabotage, Extraction, Disk and a mode like CT's where you have to complete each type of objective.

AND While we're at it, we put BOTH types of Sabotage!

Solves All Fun-ness
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

LennardF1989

CurdyMilk

Quote from: LennardF1989 on March 01, 2010, 03:21:33 PM
I actually want more objective types other than disk, explosive and hacking... I'm open to suggestions.

Hmm...I cannot think of any more good objective types other than these three.  However, you could possibly incorporate a teamwork objective.  Obviously teamwork is needed in all objectives such as distraction, necking, coop locations to reach objectives, etc.  But there could be potential in having one spy hack one of the panels (one that looks like the steam pressure, electrical, and glass ceiling in clubhouse) on one side of the map which enables new computer/disk/bomb objectives for about 5 seconds.  Then, the other spy at a different location could be able to initiate that objective for that short span of time.  If it is hacked, then it can continue to be hacked until either stopped by the merc or completed.  When there is an interruption (or the objective was not attempted in the time span), then the panel must be re-hacked before it can become available again.  This way, the spies can have team work tactics when they are far away as well.  I don't really know if it could work or be pulled off, but it could be used to add new possibilities.

Cronky

Quote from: LennardF1989 on March 03, 2010, 01:52:30 AM
And what is each type of Sabotage?

Explosive AND Modem

Otherwise put as:

CT Sabotage and PT Sabotage
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

LennardF1989

Quote from: CurdyMilk on March 03, 2010, 02:44:18 AM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on March 01, 2010, 03:21:33 PM

Hmm...I cannot think of any more good objective types other than these three.  However, you could possibly incorporate a teamwork objective.  Obviously teamwork is needed in all objectives such as distraction, necking, coop locations to reach objectives, etc.  But there could be potential in having one spy hack one of the panels (one that looks like the steam pressure, electrical, and glass ceiling in clubhouse) on one side of the map which enables new computer/disk/bomb objectives for about 5 seconds.  Then, the other spy at a different location could be able to initiate that objective for that short span of time.  If it is hacked, then it can continue to be hacked until either stopped by the merc or completed.  When there is an interruption (or the objective was not attempted in the time span), then the panel must be re-hacked before it can become available again.  This way, the spies can have team work tactics when they are far away as well.  I don't really know if it could work or be pulled off, but it could be used to add new possibilities.
Never thought about that, it would actually be pretty cool if one teammate has to hack an objective to say stop a ventilator from spinning in a vent so you can get to the next objective, security system will kick in and only give you 5 seconds to walk through it.