Main Menu

2 suggestions

Started by Zleith, January 17, 2010, 05:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-One

Quote from: Westfall on January 19, 2010, 01:26:52 AM
It would easily be helped with no spectator mode, unless allowed by host. Should be a server option, not something checked in every player's options.

Isn't it amazing how to short sentences add to the discussion and made your previous rant seem like a child kicking and screaming?

Options like these could very easily be configured.

-Red

Westfall

Only as amazing as a simple minded fool not thinking before he spoke. Maybe you should search before you post topics that have previously been discussed. Also, if you can't handle that your idea was moronic, then you are in the wrong place. Don't try to noob up the situation when you dont think before you post. That shit belongs in rhe UBI forums, not here. Also, just because you can't comprehend half the shit in my post, and have been here for like 3 days...well, there's my point. I made my point the way I did because a simple flaw was already so costly to CT, and this is a huge fix. I am very okay with new members, but not ok with some snide tool attempting to flame here. Accept the criticism, post somehing to counter it, or stfu and gtfo.

PS only reason for spelling errors is because my itouch tries to fix everything.

Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 03:43:06 AM
Spectator mode should be allowed/disallowed in a server option. Hopefully disallowed by default.
Every competition-oriented shooter has an option like this.
Some counter strike servers will even force your screen to black until the match ends.

Black screen was my thought. Makes more sense if there is any type of competative aspect to this.

Red-One

Quote from: Westfall on January 19, 2010, 06:11:32 AM
Only as amazing as a simple minded fool not thinking before he spoke. Maybe you should search before you post topics that have previously been discussed. Also, if you can't handle that your idea was moronic, then you are in the wrong place. Don't try to noob up the situation when you dont think before you post. That shit belongs in rhe UBI forums, not here. Also, just because you can't comprehend half the shit in my post, and have been here for like 3 days...well, there's my point. I made my point the way I did because a simple flaw was already so costly to CT, and this is a huge fix. I am very okay with new members, but not ok with some snide tool attempting to flame here. Accept the criticism, post somehing to counter it, or stfu and gtfo.

PS only reason for spelling errors is because my itouch tries to fix everything.

Spectator mode should be allowed/disallowed in a server option. Hopefully disallowed by default.
Some counter strike servers will even force your screen to black until the match ends.

Black screen was my thought. Makes more sense if there is any type of competative aspect to this.

Back to kicking and screaming again. The whole "I reject your reality and substitute my own" approach. Original. Not to mention that your whole paragraph describes what you just did, in this same thread! Clearly, you don't even understand what I was trying to say when I described it twice. The first may have been flawed, but if you missed the second then.... well nevermind it makes sense why.

Edit: I seemed to have picked a joyous way to enter into the community, perhaps a bad judgement call.

-Red

Red-One

Ohh, and let's not forget that this thread, as well as my additions to the discussion on the first page, were about TIME DEMOS, not live play. Teamspeak/ventrilo are irrelevant. It didn't change until around page 2, where someone else might have been assuming another topic.

If anyone has links to previous topics about time demos, and spectating while replaying them later I would enjoy the reading, I was told it exists somewhere here.

Thanks,

-Red

Spekkio

I'm fine with spectator modes and replay options.

If you think someone might be giving intel to the other team, don't let him spectate in your server. It's really that simple.

As far as dead people/TS, I doubt that anything that can be said in the 10 seconds waiting for respawn could be overly useful in the scheme of things.

As far as "omg they find our strat111!," I agree with noop...people are going to discover this stuff anyway. Trying to keep it secret just increases the learning curve beyond what is tolerable for the casual player. What you're left with is a bunch retarded new people and a few pros. Besides, the key is to make the game with multiple viable strats, so even if popular ones are known you can't predict exactly what's coming. It would be kinda like football...the offense can only throw, pass, or kick, but that's enough to keep the other team from shutting them out entirely.

Red-One

Quote from: Spekkio on January 19, 2010, 06:45:03 AM
I'm fine with spectator modes and replay options.

If you think someone might be giving intel to the other team, don't let him spectate in your server. It's really that simple.

Agreed.
As far as dead people/TS, I doubt that anything that can be said in the 10 seconds waiting for respawn could be overly useful in the scheme of things.

Actually, a lot can. Sometimes game changing comments. And we frequently do it.

As far as "omg they find our strat111!," I agree with noop...people are going to discover this stuff anyway. Trying to keep it secret just increases the learning curve beyond what is tolerable for the casual player. What you're left with is a bunch retarded new people and a few pros. Besides, the key is to make the game with multiple viable strats, so even if popular ones are known you can't predict exactly what's coming. It would be kinda like football...the offense can only throw, pass, or kick, but that's enough to keep the other team from shutting them out entirely.

Right on. Like I mentioned before our situation is casual family/friends. So nobody would be on the server we don't know/trust (where we wouldn't care if we had 5 or 6 people and do a rotation with spectators). Also we have varying degrees of skill. We balance the teams as such. Those 10 second windows to comment (or even at the end if I am out of lives) are usually used to help them navigate the map, help them watch for enemies or their mines, etc.

We all know this happens and actually enjoy it this way. Our case is probably unique, but it helps the lesser skilled players in our group learn how to play easier. This makes the game more enjoyable for them and us (the more knowledgeable players). After each match we like to taunt each other about good moves or kills. Being able to capture all of that fun (not just from my camera only) via time demos would really be cool.

-Red

MR.Mic

I think both replay and spectator modes should still be available, though. Since they could prove to be valuable learning tools for new people.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

VaNilla

Would it not be more logical to spectate players in their POV? For example, if you were spectating a spy you could only see the camera movements the spy is making, and if you were spectating a merc you could only see the merc's control of the first person camera. Doing this would prevent cheating through the use of third party applications :).

Just allow players to spectate their team-mates only, and only view the POV camera. For demos, record everything (including each player's POV, third person cameras, free camera movement, etc) just like SourceTV demos, this would allow for proper playback of a match, and they can then be used to spot cheating after a match.

Westfall

Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 09:27:51 AM

I think both replay and spectator modes should still be available, though. Since they could prove to be valuable learning tools for new people.

I agree here.

@Red: Im not so much the fan of demo making or a free spectate mode, however I can clearly see how it would be used for teaching/fun purposes. The idea of teamspeak and a free spectate mode ruins the game for me, as it had ruined CT. So, it is quite the touchy subject, as you can tell.

@Spekkio: TS has ruined games easily in under 5 secs. You may not have been exposed to this, but it was quite common throughout the time I played. Loved entering a lobby with all voice off.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Westfall on January 19, 2010, 04:24:27 PM
Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 09:27:51 AM

I agree here.

@Red: Im not so much the fan of demo making or a free spectate mode, however I can clearly see how it would be used for teaching/fun purposes. The idea of teamspeak and a free spectate mode ruins the game for me, as it had ruined CT. So, it is quite the touchy subject, as you can tell.

@Spekkio: TS has ruined games easily in under 5 secs. You may not have been exposed to this, but it was quite common throughout the time I played. Loved entering a lobby with all voice off.

Im with west on this one, theres so many times ive entered and its so annoying to have to beg and plead someone like your some slave on hands and knees bowing  to enable voice chat .  Also annoying when people have a mic Mostly  europeans  Neck of the woods , (No offense) that have a mic and don't use it , ill never understand it , Even when I might add its still reasonable time because they are online. 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Savior20061

Yeah I'm beginning to see that problem with Chaos Theory as well (I mean its REALLY becoming a problem, not like before).
The vast majority of people I'm encountering above the level of noob are keep the mic settings off. I have no idea why they do that, and many people these days simply aren't bringing mics to the game, so I figure what's the point?
I'll have to get in some games with Agent. At least then I'm playing with friends who don't drive me nuts.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

MR.Mic

Quote from: Savior20061 on January 19, 2010, 08:29:51 PM
I'll have to get in some games with Agent. At least then I'm playing with friends who don't drive me nuts.
lol
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Spekkio

QuoteIm with west on this one, theres so many times ive entered and its so annoying to have to beg and plead someone like your some slave on hands and knees bowing  to enable voice chat .
Yea, it's annoying to have to ask people to enable mics, but this is a bug exclusive to CT. I'm assuming that disabling your microphone as host won't affect the entire server in PS.

Savior20061

Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 09:09:50 PM
lol
Yeah...I realized what I wrote after I wrote it.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

AgentX_003

Quote from: Savior20061 on January 20, 2010, 12:24:31 AM
Quote from: MR.Mic on January 19, 2010, 09:09:50 PM
lol
Yeah...I realized what I wrote after I wrote it.

always the cheap shots eh  on poor agent   :-[  >:(

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD