Main Menu

Visual Effects

Started by frvge, May 02, 2011, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comicsserg

great video :D and nice effect in my opinion :D

Farley4Fan

Actually I think that's something interesting to think about dread. 

Very cool effect.  Great job all involved.  I don't know if the speed of the explosion is still a work in progress, but it seemed to spread a bit slow?  A miniscule gripe for an otherwise awesome looking effect.

DreadStunLock

Nope, that's definitely Agent's new profile, grammar and attitude is the same :)

zglina

AgentX with 10000 Faces or 1000 profiles ;d

AgentX_003

Quote from: zglina on May 10, 2011, 12:20:50 AM

way to derail the topic, but however I do think that the chaff effect works really well
and this just came to mind but wouldn't it make sense if say a spy in the chaff field it would disrupt his visions as well ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 10, 2011, 12:51:10 AM

way to derail the topic, but however I do think that the chaff effect works really well
and this just came to mind but wouldn't it make sense if say a spy in the chaff field it would disrupt his visions as well ?

Then the spy has to be 100% slower and the mercenary should also be able to only walk and not run. Everytime a mercenary would charge he would fall at the end and be on the ground from exhaustion, same way one sticky shocker would knock him out for a day and the spy should be able to grab him or snap his neck from any angle.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 10, 2011, 01:10:10 AM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 10, 2011, 12:51:10 AM

Then the spy has to be 100% slower and the mercenary should also be able to only walk and not run. Everytime a mercenary would charge he would fall at the end and be on the ground from exhaustion, same way one sticky shocker would knock him out for a day and the spy should be able to grab him or snap his neck from any angle.

what in the blue hell does that have anything to do with what im talking about =/

DreadStunLock

You are going off the game balance dude, that's what. If the Visions are going to get chaffed from the spies grenade, well then they should get knocked out from the smoke grenade am I wrong?

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 10, 2011, 01:56:30 AM
You are going off the game balance dude, that's what. If the Visions are going to get chaffed from the spies grenade, well then they should get knocked out from the smoke grenade am I wrong?

There is always the possibility that the spies have built in resperators into thier suits =), thats how you
fit that argument. Finally , my point makes sense because I used to play counterstrike, and when the team got flashbanged due to a friendly, the gernade itself wasn't picking sides of who is immune is my point.

CurdyMilk

I like the effect.  It might be a little bit too sparkling/shiny, but it still looks cool!

zglina

Cant wait for next vid. What next? :D

seef.

nice, i think i just wet my pants... :o

frvge

Hi all,

Another vid:
Frag Grenade effect.

Seems like the launch-animation, as seen in some screenshots, hasn't been in the merge yet. Aw well.

Enjoy!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

The effect is good, but Frvge it's really hard to rate it when it's not in proper size and with a bit more sound effects.

For now I will rate it 5.5/10

Also do frag grenades illuminate the area for a fraction of a second? Cause I think that kind of put me off, and I couldn't really understand it.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on May 17, 2011, 11:36:38 PM
Hi all,

Another vid:
Frag Grenade effect.

Seems like the launch-animation, as seen in some screenshots, hasn't been in the merge yet. Aw well.

Enjoy!

I have read the comments on indie db, and I agree with the comment that because it's
a frag gernade , that it shouldn't have smoke around it.

I am some what disappointed in the fact that the gernade looks so small in comparison of the actual size of the model  as shown in the images section of moddb that B1nary originally modeled  / and the gernade doesn't blink fast enough / on both sides of the gernade.