Tick Tock (gamescom interview and trailer, updated milestones)

Started by frvge, September 29, 2009, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: Spekkio on October 01, 2009, 01:11:28 AM
Quote from: frvge on October 01, 2009, 12:27:40 AM
Because that's currently the way it is. We'll have to spit through some more EULAs first.
Gamespy is one of the worst networking tools you can use in terms of stability and ease of use.
We know and we're not happy with it either.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Updated initial post with extra gamescom trailer/teaser thing. Enjoy.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Wow.  I LUV the wallflip animation.  Roll animation is pretty good.  The jumping/landing animation concept is great but it needs a bit more work blending it all together, but I know it's a wip.

LennardF1989

Actually, the GamesCom build didn't had any blending at all, but Mulle was responsible for that, I only had to integrate visions and some more advanced animations (so, basically there is the non-blended animation system from Mulle and my blended animation system in one, yea, it was a quick job :P).

In this case it was quantity above quality, which won't be the case for future release ofcourse ;)

MR.Mic

Quote from: Spekkio on October 01, 2009, 12:21:08 AM
Why, oh why, are you using Gamespy??!?

Gamespy is what UT3 uses, so that's what we have to use. It's all transparent, under-the-hood type of stuff, anyway. It's not like you have to install an external gamespy client.

Also, who made that trailer? It's bad. And the logo's aspect ratio is wrong.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

frvge

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Is it me or does the spy's running animation look really unnatural? Is that still WIP?

frvge

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on October 01, 2009, 06:44:05 PM
Is it me or does the spy's running animation look really unnatural? Is that still WIP?
Nope. It's the same as before.

Westfall

Nice vid. I know there's still work to be done, but it's coming along nicely.

Interview seemed unnecessary.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: frvge on October 01, 2009, 09:24:37 PM
Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on October 01, 2009, 06:44:05 PM
Nope. It's the same as before.

But will it be changed to make it look more smooth when you go from standing still to running? IMO the spies look like iceskaters now. Just wrong. :/

LennardF1989

Quote from: Westfall on October 01, 2009, 09:28:22 PM
So, being showcased on Benelux' (-lux) biggest game website was unnecessary?

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 01, 2009, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: Westfall on October 01, 2009, 09:28:22 PM
So, being showcased on Benelux' (-lux) biggest game website was unnecessary?

I think what he meant to say is: I don't understand dutch and the subtitels were somewhat difficult to read so I couldn't control my attention to fully watch it."