Tick... Tock?

Started by frvge, October 05, 2010, 11:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

DreadStunLock

MR.Mic

[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

DreadStunLock

*phew* I thought you meant the Urban Dictionary Dick Dock ><

Farley4Fan

Quote from: MR.Mic on October 08, 2010, 02:29:16 PM
Lick Lock

Mr Mic is giving me all these places to dock my dick and lick my lock.  Can I kick my kock here as well?

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Farley4Fan on October 08, 2010, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: MR.Mic on October 08, 2010, 02:29:16 PM
Lick Lock

Mr Mic is giving me all these places to dock my dick and lick my lock.  Can I kick my kock here as well?
I'm going to sick my sock.

frvge

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

Booting data transmission system.
POST check... OK
Running unit tests... OK
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: "Please do not stream. Use Right-click+Save As."

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #1:
Merc Reload (0:03, 2 MB) (updated!)

Sending data chunk #1.5:
Merc Reload When Empty (0:04, 2 MB)

Sending data chunk #2:
Spy Walljump (0:05, 0.4 MB)

Sending data chunk #3:
Interactive walkthroughs of Lakehouse via xfire broadcast will be held on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th around 9am and 8pm (GMT +2 currently) for Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Check back later for more exact timing. Times and dates are subject to change.

Sending data chunk #4:
Doors

Sending data chunk #5:
Entrance close-up

Sending data chunk #6:
Entrance

Sending data chunk #7:
Community site (work in progress)

Mirrors:
coming soon

Closing socket... OK
Destructing resources... OK
Shutting down system... OK
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

As you might have noticed, there are 3 screenshots of our new and second map, called "Asylum". Asylum is a mental hospital that, after some 'events', was closed down. Over the years the building's state got worse and worse, leaving the grim mood that can be seen in the present...

Asylum has been in (pre) production for about 3 months now. During this time Kon Artist (Level Designer) worked out the layout and general atmosphere. He made a lot of concept art (especially if you consider there was non for Lakehouse) and started working together with B1nArY_001, who is responsible for most props and the dressing/lighting of the room shown above. Other people who are involved with Asylum are Jazz_117, PMC and comicsserg.

More than 100 hours were put in the creation of the meshes in the room shown above and tweaking the lighting for the screenshot took about 10 hours to get just right. This included doing research, so hopefully getting stuff right for new rooms won't take as long :p.

We're very happy with the result and we hope you like it. Get ready for some creepy stuff guys!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SteveTheCookie

Woah, awesome!!! The animations look so smooth, and the new map looks great.

Zedblade

Quote from: Shadow on October 07, 2010, 07:12:17 AM
Honestly I hope it's the beta... though it's probably not :(

When... (if) the beta is released, It will probably get a much bigger fan fare then just another tick tock thread.

CurdyMilk

Nice work!  Finally the "Maps" section of the website will actually be plural rather than singular. :)  It looks like a spooky map and a good complement for Lakehouse.  Can't wait to see more!  I am assuming it is a 2 wing map where one merc will go to each side.

EDIT:  I also love the new look to the website.  The fan locator looks awesome.  I was hoping you had something like that in mind.

Cronky

Quote from: Lord Zed on October 09, 2010, 01:10:23 AM

When... (if) the beta is released, It will probably get a much bigger fan fare then just another tick tock thread.

Too true. It'll get a Tick Tock thread AND a Twitter post!

Seriously though, it all looks great. The new map looks like it could actually have some scary parts (reminding me of CT's Orphanage), the reload looks smooth as butter, and the wall jump looks...

...I'm probably the only one that thinks the wall run is a little much. The jump looks awesome as is, just the little wall run part looks like it could be taken out if used in game. (Unless it varies depending on speed. Would add even more awesomeness then)

Seems like someone was playing Prince of Persia when that was made ;D
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

Quote from: Cronky on October 09, 2010, 04:07:59 AM
Quote from: Lord Zed on October 09, 2010, 01:10:23 AM

Too true. It'll get a Tick Tock thread AND a Twitter post!

Seriously though, it all looks great. The new map looks like it could actually have some scary parts (reminding me of CT's Orphanage), the reload looks smooth as butter, and the wall jump looks...

...I'm probably the only one that thinks the wall run is a little much. The jump looks awesome as is, just the little wall run part looks like it could be taken out if used in game. (Unless it varies depending on speed. Would add even more awesomeness then)

Seems like someone was playing Prince of Persia when that was made ;D

<_<  don't hate, i mean if anything i say this is more of like Hey Ubisoft, eat your heart out ! :D !

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

Whoa now. I never said I disliked anything I saw.

Just that the Wall Run was a little much. Again, Looks awesome as is but all I can see this turning into (also again, unless it varies with speed/angle at wall) something that makes a "LARGE" area needed to actually be used.

Imagine that if you wanted to make a spot that a Wall Jump was possible. You would need to make the hallway that long at the very least. That and it only gives you one place you'll end up. Without the wall run part you could end up in a few extra places within that hallway.

It's little, but just my opinion. Everyone already knows to ignore that so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky