Can't play SCCT - ports

Started by Sunshine, May 31, 2013, 08:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine

So, I have a bad router/modem that I got from my netprovider (even paying for this one a small amount)
Thomson TG789vn

It doesn't have DMZ, or anything like that. I opened all ports, and disabled firewall on Windows7. Yet, I can not join ANY game at all in SCCT.
What more can I do? I won't buy a router for 40-50€ just to play SCCT, even though I really want to play.

NeoSuperior

Do you have the retail version? If yes, then it is possible that you have a VERY old version of SCCT that does not have the patches inclusive, so you may need to patch the game.

If that is not the problem then maybe a reinstall? Or try starting as admin if you got win vista/win 7
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Sunshine

I can play the game ofc, but I can't join other servers on versus mode =)

RaDRoacH

How do you know that it is a ports problem? What kind of error message do you get when you try to join into a server?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

AgentX_003

Everyone shut the fuck up , ok bottom line is i had the same problem with thompson , even if you are with w/e provider go get a Dlink 2640B router /modem alll in one and then problem solved thats what i did with Primus , so it sounds like you have that same issue.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

RaDRoacH

Pusianka

I wonder if he got banned for 5 years, would it actually cure him... after all that's what you do when you are addicted to something...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

ShadowX

Have you tried updating the firmware, or if it's already the latest version actually downgrading to another one. I have no experience with that router, but I was able to dig a couple forum posts claiming they weren't able to connect in Blizzard's games and updating/downgrading the firmware helped them. Might be worth a shot, take in mind that most of the time when you update you'll be losing all of your port setups etc. so you still might want to open them up afterwards just to be on the safe side.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: Pusianka on June 02, 2013, 11:15:24 AM
I wonder if he got banned for 5 years, would it actually cure him... after all that's what you do when you are addicted to something...
He apologized on xfire at last. Agent is Agent. ( ;) ) everyone have his own kind of attitude.

Sunshine

Quote from: ShadowX on June 03, 2013, 09:55:28 PM
Have you tried updating the firmware, or if it's already the latest version actually downgrading to another one. I have no experience with that router, but I was able to dig a couple forum posts claiming they weren't able to connect in Blizzard's games and updating/downgrading the firmware helped them. Might be worth a shot, take in mind that most of the time when you update you'll be losing all of your port setups etc. so you still might want to open them up afterwards just to be on the safe side.

Oh, how kind!
Did you get any information on what version(s) that worked?
If not, I guess I'll just try some random older versions.

ShadowX

One I've read works is 8.C.H.2, my friend also got the same router from his new ISP (Sonera here in Finland) last week and so far so good. It's been working well and we haven't actually ran into any problems with it, although haven't been gaming nothing but Dota 2 on it. Didn't actually remember the check which firmware it had. Hope you get it working one way or the other.