My little project : Warehouse map rebuild

Started by ChLieW, August 04, 2011, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChLieW

I started to work on that about a week ago. Here's a screenshot of what I've done already :)

The container/brick/asphalt/concrete/door/lamp/roof textures and models belong to me, rest - UT3 demo :)

It's a spy respawning site.
My PC :
cpu:Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
motherboard: MSI P67a-G45 (b3)
ram modules: 2x kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 mHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 by Gigabyte
hdd: some old SATA II WD 250 GB :)
psu: OCZ Stealthxstream2 600W

Dreadstunlock: "You've got crappy hardware"

oh rly ?

Farley4Fan

Nice dude.  I see that you have remembered the container so that spies can try to jump on eachother when they are messing around without a merc.  I also like how it's angled on the curb like that.

I know it is early to ask but is that going to be a theme with your remake?  Kind of messed up with things not in order?  Inside the warehouse the boxes were all stacked perfectly.  It would be cool to see them out of whack a little.

Also, are there any crazy changes to the map layout that you have been considering?

AgentX_003

Hmm , when you feel up to a challenge why don't you try making something like this :D ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: ChLieW on August 04, 2011, 02:48:35 PM
I started to work on that about a week ago. Here's a screenshot of what I've done already :)

The container/brick/asphalt/concrete/door/lamp/roof textures and models belong to me, rest - UT3 demo :)

It's a spy respawning site.

Noooiiiiiiicceeeeeeeee! Hope you make it more balanced than the CT warehouse :P

puuusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on August 04, 2011, 09:58:21 PM
Hmm , when you feel up to a challenge why don't you try making something like this :D ?

Agent it isn't the first time you show this picture, now is it? Being honest it doesn't look attractive + you could get some interior shots.

Chliew I still don't see what amuse you in this map but I am up to cooporate if I have time :). Now I say good bye to you all, I am going away to look for new regions of Lala-land!

Farley4Fan

@Puuu, it's Fort Knox in Kentucky.  It's basically where the U.S. keeps its gold.   ;)

Getting good interior shots and an accurate layout is next to impossible for obvious reasons.

NeoSuperior

LOL... lvl description for Fort Knox:

Spy:
After all gold was transported to the newly built "Fort Hades", the now lowly secured Fort Knox was taken over by Mercanaries, that were hired by Terorrists, to get their hands on TOP-SECRET NSA Documents, passwords etc. Your mission is to to get a virus into the main computer or destroy it. After that you also have to bring a virus into the backupsystem, or destroy it too.

Merc:
Congratulations for taking over Fort Knox. We have reports, that goverment officials are scared of the whole incident becoming public, so you don't have to worry about a bombardment. However be aware. We also have reports, that they plan to destroy the servers with a small team of well trained special forces. Be careful! You must protect the servers under any circumstances! If you fail it will cost us hundreds of million dollars!

2 Sektors. Both sectors have 2 comps and 1 bomb. Spies have to get 1 objective in each sector to win.

Well so much to that...

Back2Topic:
It would be nice if there was a team like the "UMP" from SC:CT, to remake the best maps. The spy spawn for the warehouse remake is nicely done ;)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

Quote from: Meister_Neo on August 05, 2011, 01:28:51 AM
LOL... lvl description for Fort Knox:

Spy:
After all gold was transported to the newly built "Fort Hades", the now lowly secured Fort Knox was taken over by Mercanaries, that were hired by Terorrists, to get their hands on TOP-SECRET NSA Documents, passwords etc. Your mission is to to get a virus into the main computer or destroy it. After that you also have to bring a virus into the backupsystem, or destroy it too.

Merc:
Congratulations for taking over Fort Knox. We have reports, that goverment officials are scared of the whole incident becoming public, so you don't have to worry about a bombardment. However be aware. We also have reports, that they plan to destroy the servers with a small team of well trained special forces. Be careful! You must protect the servers under any circumstances! If you fail it will cost us hundreds of million dollars!

2 Sektors. Both sectors have 2 comps and 1 bomb. Spies have to get 1 objective in each sector to win.

Well so much to that...

Back2Topic:
It would be nice if there was a team like the "UMP" from SC:CT, to remake the best maps. The spy spawn for the warehouse remake is nicely done ;)

I like your backstory mr.neo :D and the reason why i suggested fort knox is because I felt that bank in ct was too small and to have something like this would trump that map :D. Plus look at that first shot , I mean thinking about it , Having it on a night time scene would be epic with all those cameras *drools * xP

@pusianka : Interior you say ? Hmmm : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ53crgD5TY  ? is all i could find o_o

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

Kind of hard to cheer for the merc if they are working for terrorists, imo.

Here's a shot out of the cannon:  Make 2 sectors like Bank.  The original first two sectors will now be one area, and you can make sector 3 bigger for the 2nd area .  I'm thinking twice the size of the vault on Bank.

You can use the same basic layout but tweak with the balance by opening access to other places and changing around the objectives.

ChLieW

Quote from: Farley4Fan on August 05, 2011, 09:57:17 AM

Here's a shot out of the cannon:  Make 2 sectors like Bank.  The original first two sectors will now be one area, and you can make sector 3 bigger for the 2nd area .  I'm thinking twice the size of the vault on Bank.

You can use the same basic layout but tweak with the balance by opening access to other places and changing around the objectives.

Good idea. I thought to do so too.Thx anyway.
My PC :
cpu:Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
motherboard: MSI P67a-G45 (b3)
ram modules: 2x kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 mHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 by Gigabyte
hdd: some old SATA II WD 250 GB :)
psu: OCZ Stealthxstream2 600W

Dreadstunlock: "You've got crappy hardware"

oh rly ?

LennardF1989

If you want interior shots of Fort Knox, watch James Bond Goldfinger, it's about robbing Fort Knox after all. Obviously it's not real, but it gives an impression. You could even use Goldfinger's lair for inspiration.

Bubbaganoosh

Good movie. I liked when he has to get his gold seperated from the car he squished.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.