Warehouse concept

Started by DrNegative, January 21, 2012, 01:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

That's what I'm talking abou  8) Nice job.

You can also play a bit with the layout. For example: Theater (Tea room) and Dining Hall (Lunch room) have 2 levels, instead of just being 2 rooms. The part between 'Theater' and 'Dining Hall' has a staircase that connects the 2nd levels to the normal 'ground' of that floor.

We added different paths that lead to outside (opposite dock) and added coop spots.

All in all, the changes in routes are enough to create different gameplay and tactics. A pure 1-to-1 mapping wouldn't be fun.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Nightrunner

May I ask, how many approximatively maps will be in PS? :3
Sorry for my English.

NeoSuperior

As i heard, 1 map (Lakehouse) is more or less completed and 2 are still in production (1 Devmap about a hospital, and 1 Custommap by Pusianka)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

comicsserg

according to me more than 6 but I can be wrong

[frvge edit: 6 ideas of which 1 finished and 1 in very early production]

NeoSuperior

Quote from: comicsserg on April 18, 2012, 10:55:05 PM
according to me more than 6 but I can be wrong

LOL, WHAT?

Ahh well yes... I forgot the recent maps. I think there were 2 people talking about warehouse recreations and someone talked about a "fort knox"-like map
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

comicsserg is giving out awesome information? :o
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

comicsserg

oops :p  :p don't tell other devs about it ;) :p uuuahahahaha XD :-X

frvge

Comics, having plans for like 6 doesn't mean any of those really got past the 'idea' stage. So no, it's only 2 at the moment. Asylum is basically nothing now. Lakehouse is more or less finished. So 1 map is playable.

And I'll edit comics' post to remove any confusion.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

comicsserg

hahah sure :D but it would be cool if we could manage to make like 5 or 6 maps to play on ;)

RaDRoacH

Quote from: DrNegative on January 26, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
This is my attempt per suggestion to remake the Warehouse map into something a little more original, a Greenhouse. I haven't added all the foliage, dirt, or planters yet, but this is the basic idea in my head.

I ommited the sun on purpose, trying to make it darker to better compliment a stealthier spy team.

[IMG]http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz187/drnegative/Greenhouse.png[/img]

[IMG]http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz187/drnegative/Greenhouse2.png[/img]

[IMG]http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz187/drnegative/Greenhouse3.png[/img]

Ehm... Not for being an hater... but a warehouse should be a real warehouse... right... ahye what a **** this is a different remake of the map.
Anyway, nice job, keep going. hope you'll add more elements for let the spy hide.

I wish really to have a remake of Boss House (from DA) in PS <3
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

DrNegative

QuoteEhm... Not for being an hater... but a warehouse should be a real warehouse... right... ahye what a **** this is a different remake of the map.
Anyway, nice job, keep going. hope you'll add more elements for let the spy hide.

I wish really to have a remake of Boss House (from DA) in PS <3

Those pics were just an hour or so playing around. I've been off and on it the past couple months. I am 80% complete with sector 1, about 50% on sector 2, haven't even started sector 3. Work and school has been at the forefront lately, real busy and takes time when you are running solo.

Here are a few things added to Sector 1 so far:

--now has more of foliage and plants, places to hide, ambush spots
--Water pipe tunnel (underground optional entrance) - exit is exposed so timing is key
--a couple of fountains
--a shallow little stream running up the center
--a large ventilation fan which I plan to link with Kismet and a hacking panel to close the Greenhouse storm-shutters, blocking out the moonlight, (reset button will be in merc spawn so this introduces a tactical option) also has a beautiful night skydome outside now for looks.
--Now a glass elevator for mercs with a base 4-5 second travel time in lieu of stairs
--Hacking panel using Kismet for mist sprinklers...watched fog and mist tutorials for a couple days just to get it down
--I have most of the foley for Sector 1 and planned features for sector 2 ready to go, all public domain of course (you would be surprised how hard it is to find a non copyright sound of large industrial fan blades spinning)
--For sector 1 balance, added a coop hack point which will be a short hack, easy to defend though, but if taken, it will open up a special entrance to sector 2 not available if other 2 longer hackpoints (harder to defend) are taken. Similar to CT's coop factory hacks, and Aquarius dynamic level changes based off certain hacks
--I am trying to design the level to take advantage of the third-person view.

No timeframe yet, just working on it whenever I have free time. Just wanted you guys to know I haven't stopped and give you an idea of what I am doing with it.

NeoSuperior

Sounds Awesome! Can you somehow make screenshots of sector 1?

- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

one problem with this map so far with just seeing the first image, I know its work in progress but those boxes seem like the spies head would be sticking out , so mercenaries could just easily headshot you ? no ? feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Pusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on April 22, 2012, 07:28:38 PM
one problem with this map so far with just seeing the first image, I know its work in progress but those boxes seem like the spies head would be sticking out , so mercenaries could just easily headshot you ? no ? feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

feel corrected. No, just kidding, but well...

I don't think he has to put much attention into the static mesh sizes since they can be easly scaled, but well just to make sure, are you aware of the fact that spies and mercs are like 192 units high? they are 3 times bigger then the robot model you get by default in UDK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

DrNegative

Quote from: Pusianka on April 22, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on April 22, 2012, 07:28:38 PM

feel corrected. No, just kidding, but well...

I don't think he has to put much attention into the static mesh sizes since they can be easly scaled, but well just to make sure, are you aware of the fact that spies and mercs are like 192 units high? they are 3 times bigger then the robot model you get by default in UDK.

Yes, the devs informed me of the scale and the doors, ducts, and static meshes will all take into account. Even if they were to change the unit height I could change the scale of the boxes in a matter of seconds.