Main Menu

Maps

Started by Tidenburg, February 19, 2007, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedblade

Quote from: Tidenburg on March 08, 2007, 08:29:04 PM
UBI would have a hard time sueing you anyway, its a non-profit organisation so your technically not stealing.

Stealing is stealing. Being 'non-profit' doesnt' mean shit. And who says we will be non-profit. If PS explodes, the creators will exploit the shit out of it for every penny its worth. Even if its not selling the game, I'm sure people would buy apparel.

They could easily give us a ceas and desist order and even need be, sue us for copyright infringment/stealing of assets/being more awesome then they are. Thats why, even if Clubhouse is made from custom assets, I'd rather not have it in a released version. Better safe, then sorry.

frvge

Shit, then I'll have to learn Zioplex :p
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

I think if we can get a playable level that is a lot of fun....someone out there will port his favorite CT maps anyways.

Project Stealth is semi organized...making it vulnerable to legal action.  But if a maverick modder goes to town,  I certainly wont stop him, and if he does a good job...the maps will quickly find their way into the community without our help.

If the porting of CT maps is treated as a seperate and independant project,  i really dont see how UBI can harm us.  UBI cannot stop pirating of their games for that matter...

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: goodkebab on March 27, 2007, 01:42:41 PM
I think if we can get a playable level that is a lot of fun....someone out there will port his favorite CT maps anyways.

Yeah, just have someone independent do the porting that isn't related with Project Stealth, that way you're in the clear.

T2C LeBron

I made up this map for a library or some kind of government capital type building.  I've only scetched some of the outside.  I'm going to design the outside in blender(maybe post some of it).  I really like it.  I'm gona try to make it Mount Hospitalish/Oraphange without the sectors.   I think you guys will like it.