Tick Tock (gamescom interview and trailer, updated milestones)

Started by frvge, September 29, 2009, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 01, 2009, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: Westfall on October 01, 2009, 09:28:22 PM
Interview seemed unnecessary.
So, being showcased on Benelux' (-lux) biggest game website was unnecessary?

lol...interviewed...not showcased. The group is definitely making leaps toward greater heights and I am just as excited as the next CT nut. Never heard of the website unfortunately. I wish you were more specific with what you were saying though. It seems like you had the chance to really sell the mod, but instead you gave a really broad outline of what was going on. For the common outsider, I don't know what a "merc" is. 2v2 doing what? It seems like when it came to a selling point, as someone not following this website, it looked like another game. If you're going to give an interview, you have to take control instead of letting the interviewer move you along. It seems like youhad an opportunity to sell sell sell, yet you just gave a very broad outline....and I mean broad.

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on October 01, 2009, 11:05:28 PM

I think what he meant to say is: I don't understand dutch and the subtitels were somewhat difficult to read so I couldn't control my attention to fully watch it."

I watched and read the subtitles.  The interview wasn't much of an interview. It seems the write up in the magazine that was available said more than the interview.

LennardF1989

We actually had rehearseled the interview the night before, but at the moment a camera is pulled out, a microphone is put under your nose, a group of 30 people is watching and you have a timestrain of 15 minutes to get stuff done right, it tempts to get quite uncomfortable. This was already a "Take 2" just because of that and I was actually surprised I have said this much (because I couldn't remember myself saying most of this).

You make it sound easier than it is. I'm glad I did and could arrange it, because it was not like we were bombarded with interested gamesites to take a look at our mod. On the Press-day, they just walked by, not even LOOKING in our way.

I can see myself now and learn from it. And that's what this whole project is about for me.

LennardF1989

The actual part where the interviewer behind the PC was the point I explained the game to him like I did to intersted people, so I noted visions, gadgets and storymode there. I'll see if I can get my hands on the raw material.

neth

Are you gonna update the main site or is this tick tock thread your little secret ?

frvge

Main site will follow today :)

edit: done.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Westfall on October 02, 2009, 04:57:47 AM

lol...interviewed...not showcased. The group is definitely making leaps toward greater heights and I am just as excited as the next CT nut. Never heard of the website unfortunately. I wish you were more specific with what you were saying though. It seems like you had the chance to really sell the mod, but instead you gave a really broad outline of what was going on. For the common outsider, I don't know what a "merc" is. 2v2 doing what? It seems like when it came to a selling point, as someone not following this website, it looked like another game. If you're going to give an interview, you have to take control instead of letting the interviewer move you along. It seems like youhad an opportunity to sell sell sell, yet you just gave a very broad outline....and I mean broad.

speaking of selling point, since there is alot more older people why doesn't project stealth cater to just the mature adult audience like i said a year back , so because they are older people and don't have time to muck around I think we would have less problem of cheaters and what not If the team said this group is only to Mature people and minors to gtfo  

OR actually have anti-cheat system in place @ some point... i dunno discuss.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

I dont see why we would want to waste time with building anti-cheat for a game for mature people. If you're mature, you don't cheat.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Quote from: frvge on October 03, 2009, 08:52:56 AM
I dont see why we would want to waste time with building anti-cheat for a game for mature people. If you're mature, you don't cheat.
What a lovely but completely inaccurate view on the world.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Tidenburg on October 03, 2009, 10:59:47 AM
Quote from: frvge on October 03, 2009, 08:52:56 AM
What a lovely but completely inaccurate view on the world.
Exactly

LoChang

I agree with Fvrge.  I also will say that, at least with CT now, I only play in arranged games.  That prevents me from playing with assholes who cheat.

I don't see that necessarily changing with PS.

MR.Mic

Anti-cheat is outside the scope of mod-building.

Unless you mean server-side range and value checking, which should be done anyway, because it's good practice.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

We, or anyone who wants to get some easy money, should start a side project selling hacks for a few bucks.
That way, there is money to further develop the mod and you instant know who to put in your black list.

There are enough people in this world that would pay to cheat in an otherwise free-to-play game.

LennardF1989

And I agree with Dwarf. That's exactly how a large group of gamers work.

Project Stealth isn't just meant for the 'vets', but also for new people. If everything goes by 'arrangement', then why not just drop the serverbrowser and just add a big <enter IP> textbox with a connect button?

Frvge brought the argument that the community is small and you therefor don't cheat out of fear to get your head ripped off. If these new players join, the community will grow, the feeling of everyone knows everyone will fade and we simply need anti-cheat beforehand, not after.

Prevention is better than healing! We can have simple checks in the beginning, but we really need more advanced stuff over time. I've seen MulleDK13 doing stuff for fun with CT Versus (by means of just changing some memoryvariables at runtime) I don't even want to be possible with Project Stealth.

VaNilla

Although it would be overcome in time, it's always good to have a measure of prevention :).

AgentX_003

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 04, 2009, 02:14:30 AM
And I agree with Dwarf. That's exactly how a large group of gamers work.

Project Stealth isn't just meant for the 'vets', but also for new people. If everything goes by 'arrangement', then why not just drop the serverbrowser and just add a big <enter IP> textbox with a connect button?

Frvge brought the argument that the community is small and you therefor don't cheat out of fear to get your head ripped off. If these new players join, the community will grow, the feeling of everyone knows everyone will fade and we simply need anti-cheat beforehand, not after.

Prevention is better than healing! We can have simple checks in the beginning, but we really need more advanced stuff over time. I've seen MulleDK13 doing stuff for fun with CT Versus (by means of just changing some memoryvariables at runtime) I don't even want to be possible with Project Stealth.

Im not saying its just for veterans not once did i say that,  infact I enjoy  meeting new people and seeing what others playing style is , its what made pandora intresting  cause once you find that person that is compatible to ur playing style , the sky is the limit of pwnage ,

um but I just feel for once that its alot fun to play with older people because they don't act retarded and playing with  Non-puberty kids is not fun  1. they yelll and scream  2. lack attention span 3.

I personally feel , If im such an such an age why the hell in gods green earth am I playing with kids younger then I ... and it just doesn't feel the right, the shoe doesn't fit / kinda creepy.   and finally 4. they cost you the game because they can't pay attention for shit as i mentioned before O_O  and im talking about kids who shouldn't even be playing like 8-12 age bracket , If some of you are ok with that then definitely seek help @ ___vv__@  .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD