The Game - General View

Started by kilwar, November 12, 2006, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilwar

So... What is this game actually going to be?
A clone of versus (and which: CT or DA), or a game based on it?

element54

In what i know we are making a pretty similar game to the CT versus. We want the game play to be similar but without the obvious mistakes that Ubi have left unattended. The character models will also be similar being that we are going to be sticking to human characters, an infiltration team and a defence team. Weapons will be similar to CT as well, nothing too distructive and too high tech.

I'll let others chime in with theyr oppinons now.

MacBryce

That's well said. Same game and theme as Chaos Theory versus mode, different graphics and sound.

I'll add some information about the game to the news section.

kilwar

Maybe good idea is to make two game modes - one CT-like and the other DA-like.

MacBryce

We're going to start with cloning CT first. It's going to be quite some work, but when it's done we're going to improve the game. Some elements of DA will definately find their way into the improvements.

VaNilla

The aim is to basically drive AWAY from DA... although im sure we could keep some features like the drone, seperate key for beserk etc :)

Vega

This is gonna be so awesome....

UseSkaForEvil

Until everyone gets corrupt and doesn't support the game and starts cloning other games for more profit and just shoves half-assed clones out the door to make the most money possible while ignoring community support.

scope2005

Quote from: MacBryce on November 12, 2006, 07:26:29 PM
We're going to start with cloning CT first. It's going to be quite some work, but when it's done we're going to improve the game. Some elements of DA will definately find their way into the improvements.

I know its early days, but any idea's what DA improvements may make thier way in?

I think the most obvious one you should think of are the spy athletic's, i.e fast pipe climbing/fence climbing /shimmying along edges etc.

It pissed me off in SCCT the way if a merc caught me on a pipe or ledge I was pretty much dead cause spies moved so slowly while performing these moves.

Another improvemet in DA i think should make it into the clone are destructable lights, with a generator on each level so they can be brought back online - better to be able to create your own shadows than have static one's where a merc can learn every hiding spot.

MacBryce

You guys can fantasize about improvements, but don't expect too many grounded comments on that from the devs. The team hasn't even been fully assembled yet.

scope2005

Yeah true, I think everyone is just brainstorming at the minute though so that when there is something tangible to work with the team will have some idea's to work with :)

LiVe.To.Di3

I just hope that this will actually happen and that many people play it if it does. Also make sure there is rank and etc. just do your best if it happens. Please get some new eq like let the cams bangs and everything else stay but some new eq would be good.

Lurch

Quote from: scope2005 on November 18, 2006, 12:41:11 PM
It pissed me off in SCCT the way if a merc caught me on a pipe or ledge I was pretty much dead cause spies moved so slowly while performing these moves.
Using ledges, pipes, and other athletic maneuvers should come at a cost. I think the speed is really good in chaos theory. If you get spotted in the middle of a slow maneuver, it's your own fault. If you get pissed off at the inability to climb your way away from the merc, your fault. It's you that made yourself 10 times easier to hit and kill by climbing on boxes while the merc's on your tail.

Seriously, just shock, run and drop grenades if you have any. DA rewards spies way too much for picking the first escape route that comes to your mind.