Main Menu

Sound engineer

Started by Valserp, November 15, 2006, 02:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valserp

Should be able to make a bearable lobby music, plus some intense tunes for the times when there is only 1 objective left.

Here's a remixed ver of the theme from PT:Click
(it's loopable)

I believe the music for a "Tactical espionage versus high-tech security force" -typed game should come close this, with some synth and subtle drums added. Much like the PT tunes, actually.

MacBryce

Nice work.  8)

Here's the standard message that I post below every sollicitation.
Thanks for the offer. Check the site to stay up to date. When enough people have signed up, we're going to assemble the actual team. In the meantime you can chat in the public discussion about the game. Don't forget to spread the word. We still need more developers.

Meathead

Thats Scary music Its like out of House of Horror lol it would scare me if i seen my shadow on the wall. haha

Valserp

I just had to do some minor remastering.  ::)

http://files.filefront.com/Stealth2mp3/;6192286;;/fileinfo.html

Also edited it into the first post link.

Meathead

Sounds Better but need some drums slow beating drums maybe that would sound abit better :D

MacBryce

I'd like it to be a little more Amon Tobin and a little less Cradle Of Filth, but that's my personal preference. It's way too much of a requiem and not enough of a theme.

By the way, you can upload stuff as an attachment in the "additional options" when you're make a post.

Meathead

Could of told us earlyer lol anyway yea i like his oppion (if that is how you spell it) I like how it is turning out though.

Jordan

Here is some Amon Tobin stuff that you might be able to get ideas from. 4 Ton Mantis might be worth listening to.

Edited by MacBryce: Good intentions, but no piracy on these forums please.

MacBryce

If you need ideas just listen to the Chaos Theory soundtrack (which was done by Amon Tobin), or check his music legally on iTunes.

Valserp

Quote from: MacBryce on November 15, 2006, 10:09:55 PM
If you need ideas just listen to the Chaos Theory soundtrack (which was done by Amon Tobin), or check his music legally on iTunes.

To be fair, I don't like his music on chaos theory.
Some of the tunes are good, but they don't really fit the gameplay. Or at least that's the way I see it.

I'm not saying that what I posted here is the perfect example of what Versus' soundtrack should be. It's not. But if I am looking for ideas for music for an adversarial espionage stealth-action game, SCCT's soundtrack will be the last place I will look.

Edit: Not going off-topic with the music discussion. I believe you should know what's in my head when I think "versus music". What comes to my mind is "PT >>> CT. If I want to sound like one of the two, I'd pick PT.".

Vega

I loved CT's music!  Then again....I never played PT.

MacBryce

Well, I'd pick CT. We don't have a full symphonic orchestra to our disposal either. But a CT/PT discussion doesn't really matter to be honest. If the music really fits the mood, then it'll be ok. Right now, the theme feels like a black metal intro to me but it's obviously a fine line there.

What I do like about CT's soundtrack is that it's very tense but not up-tempo, and that it has a modern/high-tech feel to it that orchestral spy themes often lack. Just my two cents.

Valserp, I'd advise you that you attach your best work you've already made to this post so we can hear what you're capable of. Just add what you've done in the past and we'll talk about the future later if you've made the team. There's not point in argueing of musical preferences just yet.

goodkebab

heh...I am big fan of the DA deep and smooth bass.  About you music post Valserp,  You need a bass tone to match the rythm of a spy running.....with an occasioanal duck around a corner to avoid a snipe.  Think of a tone that stimulates adrenaline and makes your heart rush.

Remember...the game is going to go on for 10 minutes of concentration and then there is a sudden break in the game and a mad rush for the win.  Try to add that build up and climax.  Nothing wrong with tweaked bass guitar rift either.