Main Menu

Falling Spies

Started by Tidenburg, June 01, 2008, 03:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

How about YOU guys finish up Project Stealth and I'll make a Mod of your all's Mod.

(Though PS is a legit game now, right? Who cares, sounds more ironic if I put it the way I did)

EDIT:

...Forgot a Winky Face

;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Spekkio

I'm crossing my fingers that the devs remove knockdown on the bullcharge, since that feature makes the tazer fairly obsolete.

But yea...it should knock a spy off hanging ledges and the like for sure.

Cronky

My question would be what the point of doing a bullcharge would be then?

Unless it was just then going to be used as a Dash or something. The slowdown afterwards seems to equal out the time it takes to travel that distance normally though. Unless they take the bullcharge OUT and replace it with a sprint button or something.

There should just be a new taser, an AIR taser. Anyone who has played Syphon Filter 1 should know what I'm talkin about (Sadly the burning goodness would be taken out...).

Easy to miss, but can stun from long range. Would take some kind of skill to hit with (Or a spy that wasn't moving) and only stuns JUST a little longer than it takes to zoom in with your rifle. So there is still a chance that the spy can evade, but people that are fast could still kill if quick. Only drawback for MERC is the fact that you have to stand still while it's shooting out. If you miss, you best hope there is wall next to where you were aiming for the taser to hit or you are Spy's Grade A Sitting Duck With a Raspberry OoopsUfkedUp Sauce.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

Westfall

Quote from: Spekkio on February 16, 2010, 12:53:31 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that the devs remove knockdown on the bullcharge, since that feature makes the tazer fairly obsolete.

But yea...it should knock a spy off hanging ledges and the like for sure.

I don't think the spy should get tossed to the ground. They should simply release and be able to run around. HOWEVER, what about grabbing the merc that charged the ledge? Should the merc charge trump spy ledge-grabbing?

Cronky

Quote from: Westfall on February 16, 2010, 04:48:10 AM
I don't think the spy should get tossed to the ground. They should simply release and be able to run around. HOWEVER, what about grabbing the merc that charged the ledge? Should the merc charge trump spy ledge-grabbing?

That would work. They don't indeed need to be knocked down flat from a hanging position, but interrupted in their plan by dropping is better than nothing at all.

As for the Ledge Grab/Charge. I believe the ledge grab should take priority. Since the idea of knocking them off from a grabbing position is to say that they physically HIT them. Hitting a rail to which the spy is grabbing onto isn't hitting them, but rather the rail. Though if they were climbing up a pipe, or the ledge they were hanging on was close enough to the ground that the Merc could feasibly hit them from the side or back, they should drop.

Also if you're Charging a ledge that you KNOW a spy is on... Why not just shoot them, or lob a grenade... or one of the many other options you have.

No matter what they're getting away... (unless you bankshot a grenade perfectly) and you save yourself from the potential grab.

-----------------------