Tick tack: Count-down complete (spy/merc renders)

Started by frvge, October 13, 2007, 12:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodkebab

its funny how the lack of gasmask covering the eyes and a yellow visor are acceptable in CT even though mercs vision is impaired.  The idea here is that spies will know when merc has mask on by the change in visor.

I will be the first to tell you that the visor itself is not final because it is missing a glow texture to show electronics.  What I want to do is make the Visor itself black and reflective like sunglasses,  and then project a the ingame merc hud onto the visor  in a way that the spies can see the vision change.

Also,  the purpose of the visor is to make the merc visible at long distances if he is hiding in shadows.

goodkebab

seems you guys think changing textures on characters is like changing your dirty underwear. 

It has taken me around 500hrs to get the merc and spy to where they are now,  you really cant ask me to do more.

If that number of hours was spent working in a professional game studio in USA I would have earned around $20,000.

QLemont

The only reason i suggested covering the face is because there would be two mercs with the exact same face.

No biggy at the end of the day its just a game i was only looking out for realism.  :-X

goodkebab

Quote from: QLemont on October 15, 2007, 10:37:11 AM
Thats why the saying................    Cant someone else do it  :-*           comes into place

you couldnt possibly insult me more by asking that.

goodkebab

This is how the Rifle would look from first person:

Zedblade

Quote from: QLemont on October 15, 2007, 10:37:11 AM
Thats why the saying................    Cant someone else do it  :-*           comes into place

atleast cover the mercs face and ill shut my mouth and be happy what happens if a black man wants to be a black man he has to settle with white mans flesh and well my friend i just cant live with that ive done my part kebab the rest is up to you hide the flesh to keep both sides happy.

Let me say it in a manner goodkebab is to nice to put it. If you want the merc/spy to be the way you want it to be. Make your own damn mod.

Drop this crap and enjoy the work we are doing for FREE and in our own spare time. Covering the face will please you, but displease other people. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Deal with it.

QLemont

One of the best weapons for a first person view ive ever seen.  :o

And i am not trying to insult any of you i am just making another one of the many suggestions that you receive everyday. The quote  ( Cant someone else do it ) is from an older episode of the simpsons

my apologies for the misunderstanding i just love full face masks dont get so hostile over nothing.

goodkebab

Also,  please understand the fact that I have taken a tremendous amount of input from you guys in making changes,  and have invested a lot of time in making those changes.

LennardF1989

You guys should remember that not only the community counts, it's goodkebab's creation and he has to like it as well. I guess he likes it how it is now (so do I), life with it.

And what would it matter, you won't see your own face when you are a merc. And when you see hes face from close as a spy, you're a bad spy...

Gawain

absolutely awesome work :o

is there any  chance to get the screenies in higher resolution (1680*1050 or higher)? ;D

Cyntrox

The HUD on the gun seems to be facing directly towards the screen, rather than in the direction of the gun... Looks awkward.

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on October 15, 2007, 02:05:48 PM
The HUD on the gun seems to be facing directly towards the screen, rather than in the direction of the gun... Looks awkward.

The 'hud' of the gun was added to the render in Photoshop. So that's probably why. It's only a mock-up, when it's all said and done, the actual ammo count and stuff will be on the gun model itself, so it won't look awkward.

Frelli

very very nice! love the clubhouse hall :D

LennardF1989

Quote from: QLemont on October 15, 2007, 02:04:20 PM
Get back to work  >:(

I'm starting to dislike you, you just have 8 post and are already trying to get it YOUR way in the community. That's not how it works mister. Grow up  >:(

If things arn't suited as you like, create your own damn community and make your own damn merc, gees...

Nitro

Awsome work Mason..

Youre effort is highly appreciated.. (You made this, i made a square on the same timeperiod.. but im getting there slowly:)