Direction of the game.

Started by CaedusSaevire, November 15, 2006, 07:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaedusSaevire

Having watched a number of mod/games take this direction, I want to ask the current team one question and make a request at the same time.

Is this game going to be 'inspired by' or a straight clone. And don't forget to make this clear to everyone following the project.

Regardless of everyones preferences on the matter, in the end, some people will be dissapointed by the choice made. Make sure that no-one can be suprised or feel betrayed with the final game, and be open and honest to your followers.

Thank you  :P

MacBryce

1) It is going to be a straight clone with different code, graphics and sound due to intellectual property laws. => Read more here and here. This might be a young forum but already we're threading on the line of the double posts.

2) Of course we will, but in the long run we're still making this game for ourselves. We give it away free so if you don't like then don't play it. We are all veterans and longtime community members, so I think we are representative for what this community likes too, tbh. We post on the same forums as the non-devs and we read what everybody thinks, but for practical reasons only the devs have a vote in the decision-making process because they purchase that vote with their time. We will do polls on this forum but the devs decide how the game will play in the end, and we will announce everything that goes on here.

CaedusSaevire

It's not about people having a vote in the matter, it about you guys communicating  ;D

Anyway, be sure to make clear how precise the clone is and what will be changed, people will whine about anything, so just make sure you announced it before that :)

MacBryce

Good point. It'll depend on technical issues of course, but we'll clone the game's mechanics as exact as possible. The graphics might or might not differ a lot. That's still open for debate. It will be different, but I can't tell how much different.

Meathead

But aswell it depends on the engine

goodkebab

no worries...we creating all of our own assets...

and trust me, the spies and mercs are going to look different...