Azureus Rising

Started by goodkebab, May 18, 2010, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodkebab

This short film I have been working on as Lead Modeler and Texture Artist has finally been released. Its already winning awards at Malibu Film festival and will be making a tour in other festivals. I am quite happy with the results!

Special credits to Gui and Binary for providing 3d assets for the city.

And for those that dont know,  2 animators on this film project have contributed to our animations of the spy.  Some of the talent behind this have worked on Matrix,  Star Wars, and a ton of other big films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk2svo7svI

frvge

Nice! Action to the max.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

comicsserg

WOOOOOWW This is great dude.  :o :o
Love animations and sounds, models, etc. I like everything. Great work. ;D

Gawain

great stuff! are you guys trying to start a new studio?

Westfall

Cronky

That was amazing.

Really makes me wish I'd actually put effort into learning 3D stuff. To see a result like this and it only be a concept... It's just mind blowing to me.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VaNilla

This was absolutely fantastic! Not only was it well designed and great eye-candy, it's cinematically solid too. Creates some great tension and even false tension throughout, and really has me wondering about the main character and his motives. Hopefully you get the backing for the trilogy, awesome :)

LennardF1989

Quote from: goodkebab on May 18, 2010, 08:52:50 AM
This short film I have been working on as Lead Modeler and Texture Artist has finally been released. Its already winning awards at Malibu Film festival and will be making a tour in other festivals. I am quite happy with the results!

Special credits to Gui and Binary for providing 3d assets for the city.

And for those that dont know,  2 animators on this film project have contributed to our animations of the spy.  Some of the talent behind this have worked on Matrix,  Star Wars, and a ton of other big films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk2svo7svI
They misspelled your name in the credits and I don't see GUI's/Binary's name anywhere. Looks cool though.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Amazing fluidity. Love that.
The rest, meh. I preferred the GiTS bots.
If it has a good storyline to back up the action I'll buy it double price :)

goodkebab

Yeah they buggered my name, and I told them already.  Binary and Gui modelled some of the buildings of the city,  as a trade agreement so Project Stealth should have been in there somewhere.

Farley4Fan

The only thing worse than a giant robot scorpion is a flaming giant robot scorpion.

Totally awesome work.  The gas mask noise would work great for the merc's gas mask!

Savior20061

Looks amazing. Great quality Good. How long did you work on it?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: FarleyFan on May 18, 2010, 09:27:15 PM
Totally awesome work.  The gas mask noise would work great for the merc's gas mask!
It could, but it was too shallow imo.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Since no doubtly we can all agree that you did an excellent job on the movie, I feel I need to ask you about some of the details from the clip.

Firstly, why did you decide to repeat some of his moves multiple times? The landing after a jump, attacking with his sword in a samurai/ninja way to show of his coolness? Basicly everytime he does something you or me wouldn't do on a normal basis is greased up/made more flashly to the point that I personally find it a bit too much.

How come he is such an agile person, moving and jumping about with great speed yet is constantly slowing down? Like someone who learns to drive a car for his first time and stops every 2 seconds. Those moments don't reflect his agileness and I think pulls you out of the momentum. Right at the start he jumps infront of a gang of baddies with heavy machine guns and is crouched there for a good moment to pop a flash, takes a few out, stops and just imagining to pick his nose to finaly draw his guns, jump up and blaze them down.
Now that I think of it, it reminds me of a rabbit in panic (running a few meters then stops and stand still like a statue to run some more).

I did enjoy the visual presentation though, really awesome job! Keep in mind that these are just first thoughts that I (read me personally) didn't like per se. But that doesn't mean I am right, maybe it's not my kind of movie?