Blacklist - Anyone getting it?

Started by Aj, August 18, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aj

Coming in as an SC vet, get it for SP/Coop if you are looking for the classic experience.  SvM not so much.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: frvge on September 17, 2013, 02:50:39 AM
I might pick it up when it's on a good sale.
Well said. Gonna do the same thing with the future Ubi games.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

Savior20061

Thread's old but I plan on getting it for Christmas. I always get into the SvM thing later than everyone else and this will be no exception. Based on what I've seen so far, spies seem overpowered with one hit kills from all angles (including up), but I'll look into it more. ;D
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Spekkio

So what's the verdict on this one? Is it more similar to SC1/2/3 than the last two?

If I buy it, it'll be on PS3 so I'll primarily be playing single player. Unfortunately, my laptop can't handle this game and I have no plans on investing in a gaming PC.

frvge

"Gaming PCs" aren't as expensive as they used to be. I think with 500 you can come a long way.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

Quote from: frvge on November 09, 2013, 09:55:20 PM
"Gaming PCs" aren't as expensive as they used to be. I think with 500 you can come a long way.
Or I could spend $400 on a ps4 and never have to worry about compatibility for the next 7-8 years.

Anyway, I wasn't looking for a gaming PC pitch. The real question is: Is it better than Dishonored? Because that game made me realize every other stealth game was based on annoying you into finding the optimal route through the game. It's the pinnacle of stealth action.

SheikTheGeek

I'm still enjoying it, haven't played as much since GTA 5 came out, though.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

RaDRoacH

I'm having lots of problem with it, wait for the sales.
I'm sure Ubisoft already stopped to support it.

Aj

It's $30 or so at certain places on Black Friday.

I would highly recommend it for SP/Coop.  For SvM I got the achievements for it and haven't played that part since.  I much prefer XbConnect or PC with SCCT for that.

RisokunAraiguma

Splinter Cell: Blacklist multiplayer is extremely boring as hell, biggest problem is the fact that I can't find a lot of cool people to play it with, and the pace of the game has to be extremely fast, there is barely any stealth involved if really. You are pretty much a Ninja Assassin.

MR.Mic

I've played a bit of blacklist multiplayer. It's awful and I definitely do not recommend.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

frvge

SCB is currently for 50% off on Steam. Not bad, but I'm waiting for the last day of the Steam Sale to hopefully get a bigger discount.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: frvge on November 30, 2013, 10:53:42 PM
SCB is currently for 50% off on Steam. Not bad, but I'm waiting for the last day of the Steam Sale to hopefully get a bigger discount.
It's also on sale on G2P http://www.g2play.net/store/Tom-Clancy/ but they only sell uplay keys.
16€ for the standard edition.

Aj

Yeah, if you are buying it only for SvM, don't buy it.  If you want to play a good SP/Coop game get it.