Main Menu

3d printer

Started by seef., July 13, 2011, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: Farley4Fan on July 16, 2011, 05:04:12 AM

@dwarf, I used to not buy shoes if they had mould lines.  It makes them look tacky.

That's why I wear army boots. I have yet to see leather with mould lines.

But what I hate are these:

You can clearly see along the body, a line running from top to end.  Try to remove those without destroying any of the 10000 ribs.

LennardF1989

We actually have one at my college. We can print any 3D model we like for a reasonable amount of money (depends on the complexity). It actually prints the model on paper and glues layer on top of layer, it's pretty cool.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on July 21, 2011, 06:11:05 PM

@dwarf, I used to not buy shoes if they had mould lines.  It makes them look tacky.

That's why I wear army boots. I have yet to see leather with mould lines.

But what I hate are these:

You can clearly see along the body, a line running from top to end.  Try to remove those without destroying any of the 10000 ribs.

What the fuck am I looking at

AgentX_003

Quote from: Farley4Fan on July 21, 2011, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on July 21, 2011, 06:11:05 PM

What the fuck am I looking at

a deformed snake o_O ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

How the fart did you manage to fudge up the quote so badly

ps I'm a dildo

CurdyMilk

Quote from: LennardF1989 on July 21, 2011, 08:36:29 PM
We actually have one at my college. We can print any 3D model we like for a reasonable amount of money (depends on the complexity). It actually prints the model on paper and glues layer on top of layer, it's pretty cool.
That would be awesome!  Have you ever printed any?  At my university, we use an open source molecular visualization system to view and manipulate computer data for bacteria/proteins.  The PDB files are printed as 3d models for better interpretation and analysis.  Not sure if we print practical objects too...I have not known any students who are able to use them.

EDIT:  Dread, you should really change your picture.  Saying your better than someone else only makes the situation worse.  And we wonder why the two of you can't get along?

puuusianka

Quote from: CurdyMilk on July 22, 2011, 06:52:46 AM
And we wonder why the two of you can't get along?

Oh I'll answer that for ya: "Because AgentX is BAAAAAAAD!".

Dread your earlier avatar was more catchy and sophisticated. You should get back to it.

Farley4Fan

lol, owned by cronky yet again.  But what kind of world is this if I can't drop the f bomb four words after the last?  That was just my nagasaki to my hiroshima.

On topic, as said before this looks to remove mould lines because of the multiple layers of mould.  I really hope shoes go this route, at least for the sole of the shoe, because then I would have much more choices.  You guys are thinking skyscrapers, I'm thinking shoes.  I need to find some ambition don't I?

Cronky

Quote from: Farley4Fan on July 22, 2011, 09:38:31 PM
lol, owned by cronky yet again.  But what kind of world is this if I can't drop the f bomb four words after the last?  That was just my nagasaki to my hiroshima.

Wait, I toned it down? I thought you were just spelling it wrong! ATHF has steered me down the wrong path again...
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

LennardF1989

I saw, I guessed and I was right, Yet Another Unreal Engine game... Unreal has this distinctive graphics look, can't tell what it is, I just recognize it.