Tick Tock (neckbreak, ledge climbing, wallpaper)

Started by frvge, July 17, 2009, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

ETA: T minus 32 hours.

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

OFFICER

I was waiting for this day
Has come,Has seen,Has won

frvge

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

Booting data transmission system.
POST check... OK
Running unit tests... OK
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: none

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #1:
Neck break (front) (2MB)

Sending data chunk #2:
Neck break (back) (2MB)

Sending data chunk #3:
Neck break (finished) (10MB)

Mirrors:
Coming soon

Closing socket... OK
Hibernating

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

ETA: T minus 72 hours.

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Umm guys what codecs did you use?
I have the CCCP pack installed here, and the FFDShow on the other boot.
It gives me a green screen on both.

frvge

Probably the FRAPS codec. I'll be uploading it to ModDB in a few minutes. Then it takes approx 1 hour to be processed there.

Tidenburg

DA has the best neck break. Despite the cliche, you don't break someone's next by turning it like that. If I move my head fast that way I turn it further and, more notably, it doesn't break. I know the devs will get shitty now because I'm not praising it, but this is constructive criticism so don't get petty. You have to lift the head and twist to break it. During the drag, his arms should be grabbing the spy's as you instinctively would and not hanging by his side and when his neck DOES break, there's no spasm at all except the very subtle jolt in his left arm. He also appears to "jump" as he falls to the ground (not smoothly animated). And I'm pretty sure the merc's neck would've broken before the snap due to the fact the spy is DRAGGING him (no foot animation) by only holding his neck!

And no, before you say it. I don't expect professional animations. What I'm saying isn't comparatively hard to do to this either, it's just moving shit in a different way. (Only coming off like a knob in this bit because I know we'll get some sarcy retort from the devs now). It's awesome to be updated and a nice animation, but not a great one.

Once again, DA had the best animation of 'em all. (I'm not expecting you to match it). :)

Thanks for the update.

frvge

Comments are noted and might be evaluated. We're first focussing on finishing the few remaining Spy anims and then the Merc (we have almost no first-person anims yet), because the time is running out.

Westfall

Anyone else notice that the pelvis of the merc does a humping motion towards the spy when his neck gets snapped?

I agree with Tiden. This neck break shows no merc resistance. It seems like hes a rag doll the whole time. It should be snap-ragdoll. Not grab-ragdoll-snap-still ragdoll. The pelvis thing needs to be fixed too...lol.

It's coming along guys. Looks funky with the textures added. Good work so far.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Westfall on July 19, 2009, 03:31:43 AM
Anyone else notice that the pelvis of the merc does a humping motion towards the spy when his neck gets snapped?

I agree with Tiden. This neck break shows no merc resistance. It seems like hes a rag doll the whole time. It should be snap-ragdoll. Not grab-ragdoll-snap-still ragdoll. The pelvis thing needs to be fixed too...lol.

I kinda disagree with both of you for once this time, if you were asphyxiated like that in that posistion your legs would kinda drag like that..

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Westfall

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 19, 2009, 05:03:12 AM
Quote from: Westfall on July 19, 2009, 03:31:43 AM

I kinda disagree with both of you for once this time, if you were asphyxiated like that in that posistion your legs would kinda drag like that..

Not instantly. There's an initial struggle, which creates tension throughout the body as the adrenlaine freaks out.