Co-creating a new theme, part 1

Started by frvge, June 13, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

We're going to get rid of this standard theme ASAP, but we could use some input from you.
So... what should a PS forum look like? Black? Dark? Green? Fishnets in the backgrounds, or an image of a Spy and a Merc, or just a calm color? Anything is possible, but for us to make a new theme we'd like to get the best of the best ideas, blend those, and put it all together to form a kick-ass forum that's ready for the eventual release of PS (yeah, yeah, we know).

So post your comments and preferably sketches as replies :-)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

well ultimately I think it needs a PS feel to it.. with black .. and the sections names in green font.. with a spy and or merc at the top left n right corner.. with of course the logo in the centre of how it was.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 13, 2011, 01:39:53 AM
well ultimately I think it needs a PS feel to it.. with black .. and the sections names in green font.. with a spy and or merc at the top left n right corner.. with of course the logo in the centre of how it was.

No it doesn't, it can be whatever the hell it can be, color can even include pink if it's used correctly. And the logo position doesn't have to be that either.

Gonna have to pump my photoshop for tommorow ^_^

LennardF1989

Could you swap the "Last Post" and "Topic" in the overview, it's very confusing compared to the old forum and I actually liked it over all other forums I've been on.

knooger

IMO forums should be a mix of gray, black and some light gray but not white.
It should have simple shapes ( like old forum ) and some logo (maybe a new logo?) at the top as button for returning to main website.
Maybe add  little last twitter posts below forums.

Zedblade

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/tigaer/pslobbycolor4.jpg

Here is an old Lobby Concept (and hopefully close to what will finally be used.) I recommend using this as a reference for the forum theme.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

I would like the old theme back, the old one we used yesterday. I started to get attached to it and wouldn't want to see it gone for good. I don't like dark forum backgrounds as it makes reading unpleasent at night time.

AgentX_003

:o woot new face :D .. annd its about time the damn forum got a face lift  :D!!!

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

Quote from: Lord Zed on June 13, 2011, 01:57:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/tigaer/pslobbycolor4.jpg

Here is an old Lobby Concept (and hopefully close to what will finally be used.) I recommend using this as a reference for the forum theme.

I second this statement. While multiple themes (including a remake of the Old one) would be great! I think that something that looks much like the picture above would be for the best as a default.

Plus, that Lobby concept looks sexy.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

This place looks like a weight-watchers website.

Fishnets would make it look like a river monsters fansite.

Keep it dark with a black background and use teal and green to highlight the website.  They seem to be the PS logo colors so they obviously should fit into the color theme somewhere.  Make the actual posting area a light grey. 

LennardF1989

http://projectstealth.lennardf1989.com/

Basically old style, only darkened, maybe colours close to Twilight/Zenburn (code-style)?

?

NeoSuperior

I think using a "dark" theme would be good. However i would also add the colors of the spy and the merc (green and yellow/orange) into it somehow. Then it would be perfect.... i guess
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

puuusianka

Why change something that already looked awesome? If you want to make a new theme then Please leave a button to choose between the new and the old theme.

Thank you.

frvge

Because the old forum was completely not in the PS style? You just got accustomed to it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM
http://projectstealth.lennardf1989.com/

Basically old style, only darkened, maybe colours close to Twilight/Zenburn (code-style)?

?

I like this, and we all know how important my opinion is soooo.....

make it happen.