"Greatest" possibly implemented ideas provided so far by the community.

Started by Roberto1223, May 29, 2009, 10:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

I read a fourth of rambos post, but I agree with that fourth.

Forget about new gadgets, just make the game work. Think of ways to improve what we already have without adding anything new.

Here is something to get started. I think sound should be the best way to tell where a spy is. When spies are supposed to be basically invisible enemies, you should rely heavily on sound. Not EAX, but when the spy makes a mistake, you should know. Thoughts? If you don't like it fine. I thought of it 15 seconds ago anyway.

Roberto1223

Quote from: Rambo on June 03, 2009, 06:40:25 PM
what i don't get is why folks are that attached to a high number of unnecessary gadgets (3 weapon sys, poison mine, shooting ropes and other crap concepts) instead of really going for innovation in form of enhancing the gameplay in its very basics. what mr.mic did with the special visions certainly improves the game way better than having a selection of tons of different gadgets and skins and whatelse crap all the kiddies want. just do the same with the sound system and we really have the next generation of svm.

dude omg can u please fucking propose your ideas in detail,

"just do the same with the sound system and we really have the next generation of svm." wtf does this mean

nothing is ever going to be done the way you want, if you dont explain your ideas in detail. so please explain because your reader WILL NOT be bothering to investigate WTF you are talking about in order to understand you.

instead of just calling everybody kids and thinking that ur the only smart one, why dont you learn to be straight foward in your posts, and instead of just going against everybody just write your ideas to make them compete with the other proposed ideas.

omfg man. geezus.

this way flame wars can be evaded. so next time you dont agree with an idea dont go "your a fuckin kid; i have better ideas", instead just skip that part and give your idea IN DETAIL.

ok? thanks. bye.

Gawain

the idea was already given and isn't even mine: spekkio's sound system suggestion with different materials, background noise levels and a soundmeter.
what mr.mic did with the visions was to make them more coherent, better to understand for newbies and more specialized and (in this case, therefore) more balanced. vision modes are just as basic as sound is in a stealthgame, and instead of talking about how great it is to have tons of different gadgets for every bloody occasion we should rather start making improvements in the very basics.

Lurch

You guys obviously haven't seen my uber weight system & flexible inventory suggestion. Following the same line of thought as spekkio's sound system idea, it turns even more light switches into volume knobs, as far as gameplay options are concerned.

neth

Quote from: Spekkio on June 02, 2009, 11:18:51 PM
Quoteit was a very interesting approach, but way too complicated.
How so? I think that the idea was rather intuitive; for example, walking in an aluminum ventilation shaft is going to create much more noise than walking on a carpet. Allowing the player to scale his speed to account for this + ambient noise yet still remains stealthy is not over-complicated, it's common sense.

It's too difficult. For example there may be many surfaces next to each other and you would have to memorise what's the perfect speed for each of them - that's not noob friendly and I'm sure that even year after release people wouldn't get it. It's hard to remember speeds if there is 3 options scale, not mentioning if it's 5 options.
This also slows the gameplay, cause next to observing the mercs, looking for mines or spy traps, you also have to be sure you don't make one single step at wrong speed.
Besides, I can't really see any positives of this solution. It may be fun if you're into realism in games but it only makes the game much more difficult, not giving anything serious in exchange.

But hey, like I said, I guess it's better that people keep thinking up of stupid gadgets to give the spies and mercs. Rocket launchers, anyone?

I haven't noticed any stupid gadget suggestion.

ray mysertio

so none of you are embarrased that no matter how gay they made you in college with "nurturing your feelings" and all that B S they shove down rich ppl's throats to confuse and distract protential threats?

since noone has balls to say it... your game will suck becuase of ONE simple fact...

Chaos Theory and PT will neve come back , you shouldve started from scatch , and that proves the Geed Theory.
Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

Westfall

Quote from: ray mysertio on June 26, 2009, 09:14:37 AM
so none of you are embarrased that no matter how gay they made you in college with "nurturing your feelings" and all that B S they shove down rich ppl's throats to confuse and distract protential threats?

since noone has balls to say it... your game will suck becuase of ONE simple fact...

Chaos Theory and PT will neve come back , you shouldve started from scatch , and that proves the Geed Theory.

Sorry you aren't going to college ever. Next time think about being intelligent before you decide to duck your life up. Everyone, we have quite the winner here. No one wants CT or PT to come back. We want something better, which is happening. In your opinion you don't think so, but you also didn't go to college, so...bye again. /justification

ray mysertio

Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.