Main Menu

"Mini" games

Started by Spekkio, January 30, 2008, 12:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bionic-Blob

it's more interesting doing nothing. hoooooooowever, it'd be real exploitable using third party chat programs.

neth

Quote from: Gawain on January 30, 2008, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on January 30, 2008, 08:10:14 PM
Oh!  I've got a good idea.  How about when you are spectating you play as a ghost spy.  You can't do anything to the players that are actually in the game but you can walk around the map and see them doing stuff.  You can however, climb on boxes, vents, fences etc...
Quote from: neth on January 30, 2008, 08:39:27 PM
that would be pure fun :>
sorry but how --silly-- is a player that considers this fun? oO

learn what " :> " means, --not so clever person--

InvisibleMan999

One Objective 2v2:one interesting short mini game would be to have a more realistic SvM. Play a map like normal. Spy gets say 5 minutes or whatever. Spies and mercs both get one life. Spy must hack only a single objective, but like 1-2 shots from the merc kills him (similar to rainbow 6 lethality).

This is basically a one shot stealth game.

One room 3v1: Another thing that could be done is the one room triple merc challenge. Out of all players one is randomly chosen as the spy. There's a single room map, and the objective is imply to get to a predefined exit across the map. The catch is: each merc is limited to a single vision mode that he's stuck in. so one merc has normal vision, the other merc has MT and one has EMF (also determined randomly). All mercs have the laser, so EMF merc isn't totally helpless. Every round, it switches so everyone gets a chance to play each role.

Kurbutti

Quote from: Spekkio on January 30, 2008, 12:02:41 AM
This might be somewhere down the line, but my post in the reticle thread got me thinking about the "pick up and play" factor of SvM, and the fact that it's extremely difficult to just hop into a game when you've got 30 min to kill.

One solution to this, although it would probably be somewhere down the line, would be to add smaller maps with a ~5 min timelimit. The spies would have to neutralize 1-2 objectives, and they would only get 2-3 lives. The mercs would get 1-2 lives. Equipment loadout adjusted as necessary.

Thoughts?

There could be a few more compact maps by default instead of creating a specific game mode for them, because the game mechanincs wouldn't change vastly enough to merit a game mode of it's own. Plus, players with less than 45 mins to spend in the game at at time would likely be a margin amongst the others.

So what I'm thinking is having a variety of maps that would be designed to be fast or slow paced right at the beginning. In the end, we'd have for example. three uh... "quickies" for "pick up and play" kind of guys alonside with x number of maps with 10 minutes of time or more.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Gawain on January 30, 2008, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on January 30, 2008, 08:10:14 PM
Oh!  I've got a good idea.  How about when you are spectating you play as a ghost spy.  You can't do anything to the players that are actually in the game but you can walk around the map and see them doing stuff.  You can however, climb on boxes, vents, fences etc...
Quote from: neth on January 30, 2008, 08:39:27 PM
that would be pure fun :>
sorry but how --silly-- is a player that considers this fun? oO

It's just a different way to spectate.  What's wrong with that?  It's basically spectating as it is now, but you can actually move around and spectate much more up close and personally.  Of course you wouldn't be able to do this when you are dead or out of lives.  I mean that when you join a game you can do the ghost specating.

Kubanator

You should be able to do it when out of lives. That means that you are finished and should get to learn how to get around their trap set-ups. That way you have something to do and it keeps the game fresh by stopping you from dying several times in a row to the same trap. I know that the pros won't need it, but it will help the noobs learn where it's good to plant mines, and it's better than sitting around and watching a timer. Oh and Gawain, why are you instantly against any idea that Papa makes?

Farley4Fan

No.  Then they could chat and tell their teammates who are alive where all the traps are and such.  Only when  you are waiting to join a game would this work.

LennardF1989

I like the ideas, keep discussing.

Spekkio

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on January 31, 2008, 12:29:16 AM
One Objective 2v2:one interesting short mini game would be to have a more realistic SvM. Play a map like normal. Spy gets say 5 minutes or whatever. Spies and mercs both get one life. Spy must hack only a single objective, but like 1-2 shots from the merc kills him (similar to rainbow 6 lethality).

This is basically a one shot stealth game.

One room 3v1: Another thing that could be done is the one room triple merc challenge. Out of all players one is randomly chosen as the spy. There's a single room map, and the objective is imply to get to a predefined exit across the map. The catch is: each merc is limited to a single vision mode that he's stuck in. so one merc has normal vision, the other merc has MT and one has EMF (also determined randomly). All mercs have the laser, so EMF merc isn't totally helpless. Every round, it switches so everyone gets a chance to play each role.

First good post on this thread besides my OP. I'd give you a gold star, but I'm too lazy to find a picture of one.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Xris

you pic is broken  :P

Farley4Fan

Good idea westfall.  Maybe you could give only one gadget to mercs too.  Those gadgets would be frags, gas mask, and maybe mines or tazer.  That way each "role" has its own flavor to it.  Possibly you could give each "role" their own distinct gun.  Maybe like a first come first serve kind of deal in the lobby.  Once one merc has chosen a gun the other mercs can't choose it.  What about buffing the spy for this idea also?  Like giving him 2-3 gadgets while each merc has maybe just 1?

Kubanator

QuoteNo.  Then they could chat and tell their teammates who are alive where all the traps are and such.  Only when  you are waiting to join a game would this work.

The dead spy could then just quit and rejoin, making him a spectator.

Farley4Fan

That's retarded.  Why would a spy quit and rejoin just so his partner can win a game he is not even part of.  And it's not even a guaranteed win.  Plus the server can fill up when that person is gone.  I don't think many people would do it.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Kubanator on January 31, 2008, 03:59:31 PM
QuoteNo.  Then they could chat and tell their teammates who are alive where all the traps are and such.  Only when  you are waiting to join a game would this work.

The dead spy could then just quit and rejoin, making him a spectator.
They can do it now anyways. You can in almost every game, yet I've never seen anyone do it.

Besides, I think any host would kick someone doing it.