The Assault Rifle Discussion

Started by Farley4Fan, December 24, 2007, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

What should the ROF be?  Like Pandora Tomorrow?  I personally prefer the PT rifle's ROF.

Will there even be burst?  If so, the bullets should maybe do some extra damage, be more accurate, or have a faster ROF.  Right now the only burst is good for is conserving ammunition.

Sniper mode.  I believe that there should be a considerable amount of sway that makes it a little difficult to hit someone unless they are holding their breath.  The recoil should maybe be increased a little bit.  Give the rifle some better zoom capabilities.  Maybe there aren't fixed points but you can hold down a button (or your mouse wheel) and it will gradually zoom forward. (You don't really have zooming limits except for the maximum)

Should we give it attachments or just make shotty and uzi?  Like we would give it a shotgun attachment and that would take away the scope or something.  Or you could give it a drum fed magazine and take away the scope and add iron sights to make up for the uzi's absence.

What are your opinion's on this topic?

Overstatement

BurningDeath

Yeah, don't mess with the rifles too much, they're quite fine as they are now (CT).

Test-Subject

Leave the rifle be....

Btw It's showes that you don't snipe at all and hate logic (extra damage for burst wtf... have to hold breath for a 10 yards target... cmon)

theyearis1945

the only thing i believe that should be changed is the fact that when you zoom in, when you move upwards and downwards its considerable slower than when you move left and right.

Burst fire is fine as it is. the plus to it is it gives less recoil because you cant waste a whole clip in one click + hold of the mouse button.
Didn't we have some fun though?

Remember the time the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, "good bye!" and you were like, "No Way!" and then i was all, "we pretended we were going to murder you."

That was Great.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I'd like to see the snipe being like in PT, while the rest can be left as-is.

Gawain

i'd like to see a one weapon system with the pt rifle + flashlight/laser while using scope + some boost for burst like ultra high rof with no recoil during the 3 shots + no random sway/hold breath + useful tazer attachment as a selectable gadget.
it's versatile, sniping can be averted by chaff/ss heady/flash etc and has the drawback of low mobility and low fov. if you want some extra low range capability, use tazer.

i suggest implementing and testing this first. if you still feel the need to add uzi and shotgun, lower the uzi's clip size and make the shotty hit where the crosshair is, at least at low range.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Gawain on December 24, 2007, 11:38:45 PM

it's versatile, sniping can be averted by chaff/ss heady/flash etc and has the drawback of low mobility and low fov. if you want some extra low range capability, use tazer.

The problem is that it's not a drawback, because sniping is used for snap shots, not extended periods. The scope is up, and then down in like under 2 seconds, so it really doesn't slow you at all.

I hate when people talk about the low FoV like it's even remotely an issue.

Now, I'd like to modify sniping mechanics to make it an issue, but right now, it's clearly not.

Farley4Fan

I agree Gawain.  Do you think there should be attachments to make up for the other weapon's absence though?  You know, if they are gone.  I'm suggesting a drum magazine as an attachment so you can just continue to spray bullets.  The downside is that you lose your scope, and you only have iron sights.  Same with shotgun.  You give it a shotgun attachment and you lose your scope, no iron sights either.

I really do think that burst fire should be boosted.  There really is no point to using it right now unless you are running low on ammo, and you can easily refill your ammunition anyways.  I think that there should be less recoil, more accuracy, or maybe a slight boost in damage it does.  Either that or you just remove it from the game entirely.

Quote from: Test-Subject on December 24, 2007, 10:38:23 PM
Btw It's showes that you don't snipe at all and hate logic (extra damage for burst wtf... have to hold breath for a 10 yards target... cmon)

Wtf?  Right now it is too easy to snipe.  Extra damage for burst just gives you a reason to even use it.  Like I said before, it has no point right now.  10 yard target?  Pff, sniper is for long ranges buddy.  You wouldn't have to hold your breath for a 10 yard target, I never said that.  At LONGER ranges it would be quite necessary to hold your breath.

Quote from: Overstatement on December 24, 2007, 10:06:46 PM
Leave the rifle alone!

If we are taking the best parts of PT and CT, I think that the Pandora's ROF is a better part.  

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, but imo the PT snipe is the better part, not the rof, cause you have tazer, nades and mines to compensate for your near-uzi rof.

Daedalus

I never saw the usefulness of burst fire in CT, since it just fires bullets at a lower rate without any accuracy or ROF bonus.

Gawain

i think we should look deeper into a one-weapon system. with a balanced tazer, shotty would have even less use. with smoother aiming, no lag and hit-animation related bs and a slightly higher rifle rof, uzi would be redundant, too.

Overstatement

That's what he was refering to. The new engine.  ::)

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Gawain on December 25, 2007, 03:12:39 PM
i think we should look deeper into a one-weapon system. with a balanced tazer, shotty would have even less use. with smoother aiming, no lag and hit-animation related bs and a slightly higher rifle rof, uzi would be redundant, too.

I don't think that a one weapon system is entirely a bad idea, but last I heard kebab wasn't going to do that, so we're wasting our time talking about it, since it's not going to be implemented anyway.