"Classic" SvM also implemented in Blacklist!

Started by dYnAm1c, May 07, 2013, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dYnAm1c

Hey,

a new video just got released, you can actually choose between 4v4 and 2v2 classic mode, this actually made me think about buying it now,
if it also has the old equipment usage (both sides more than one equipment) and hopefully also some oldschool maps. Let's hope and see ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwW0zGthxA&feature=youtu.be

SheikTheGeek

Ninja'd by 6 sec!  lol

EDIT:  We saw a lot more this around.  Besides the obvious classic gameplay elements, we saw how the Spies and Mercs move around.  FAST!  Even faster than in Conviction.  Spies get a baseball slide instead of a diving roll.  The grab command for executions seem to be very quick and responsive.  Mercs and Spies seem to have multiple position based executions that vary on where the opponent is.  Mercs also have a stealth neck break now, lol.  That poison gas the Mercs use will be very effective against camping Spies.  The Knife is an insta kill liek I thought it was, but also has a bit of a range to it (more than I thought it did) thats great for killing multiple enemies in short amount of time, Merc may no longer want to stick too close together.  A points system based on kills and types of kills as well as "kill streak" bonuses, sounds like COD to me.  The drone is REALLY fast, but smaller explosive range.  Classic mode seems to have its own specific weaponry separate from the 4v4.  This trailer answered a lot of questions and doubts I originally had.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

clown358

There is an other video about blacklist with coop and versus gameplay footage (with german commentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufEybverCs

SheikTheGeek

Adding to what I said above:  Blacklist version will almost be a combo of COD/Halo4.  Expect weapon loadouts and "specializations."  We might even have "classes" of Spies and Merc, like I guess from the last trailer.  A Merc class that can dish out more fire power at the cost of speed or a Spy class than run faster at the cost of armor, both with "special abilities" kinda like Halo 4's armor abilities.

EDIT:  Great find on that second trailer.  I had no idea what they were saying, but Im pretty sure I saw a Spy go invisible.  So if Mercs get Holograms, I guess Spies get a Cloaking device?
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

NeoSuperior

Maybe I actually buy this one... though if I do, I think I will roam a lot around the "classic" style though.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

That first video got me pretty pumped for it. If they're actually putting the work into a secondary "Mode" simply to appease the people played PT/CT then they are going in the right direction so far.

I'm interested in the new 4v4 version as well. I like that the two modes seem to be split.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VaNilla

Yeah for sure, I like the look of Classic mode better. No lethal weapons, tighter teamwork, darker maps (the maps are much darker in classic mode), that's right up my alley. But just because that's my preference doesn't mean I don't love Blacklist mode as well. It looks very fast paced and it seems have quite an interesting dynamic. The maps have more light in order to make the action more clear, and the spies have lethal (but weak) weapons. I'll probably play classic mode more often, but I'll probably play a load of Blacklist mode too.

All in all, this is exactly what I've been asking for, classic SvM with the bloat cut out (neck grabs etc).

Spark Mandriller

Spies are way too powerful, but I guess that's no surprise. Looks like it could be okay to play if Ubi don't fuck it up somehow, even if it's not gonna be as good as CT. Worth checking out on Steam sale if people are still playing after a few months at least.

zglina

Dev diary -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d5OkMcX3z8c

It is rly sad that spy can take down 2 merc in blink of eye. Will see if it is good game or not, we only have to wait for proper gameplay.

Scanty Chunk

^^^^
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the spy taking out those two mercs super quick...

I think I like this new SvM, but I still have some concerns like:

1. The merc's motion sensor only seems to show movement from the front. But what about a spy throwing a party behind the merc? Is there a separate indication of movement behind him?
2. The spy can take out a merc in front of him... I wouldn't want a spy to win if a merc and spy were charging eachother head on...
3. Even the classic mode seems too fast paced. I liked the patience of CT and PT. I'm also going to miss grabbing the merc because it is so much more rewarding than a quick SNAP run away.
4. The levels still seem a little too bright for me. There isn't a frame in classic where I saw pitch black. It looks like you could just turn up your brightness.

It's better than DA, but still ehhhh. I'll get it, but I hope they REALLY DEDICATE that classic mode to the SvM of CT and PT.

RaDRoacH

Classic SvM also have infinite lifes. Not so classic at all.
I would like to have those frontal kills blocked, that hacking system changed.
Also i still hate the DFA (Death from above) mechanic... I really think that it's too OP.
I wish to play it though. I was also invited by Zack Cooper at Toronto but i didn't have a passport. The other invited fans already tried every mode of the game.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

Scanty Chunk

Quote from: RaDRoacH on May 08, 2013, 10:01:15 AM
I was also invited by Zack Cooper at Toronto but i didn't have a passport. The other invited fans already tried every mode of the game.

NOOOOOO!!!! I wish you could've gone.  :-\

NeoSuperior

Quote from: RaDRoacH on May 08, 2013, 10:01:15 AMAlso i still hate the DFA (Death from above) mechanic... I really think that it's too OP.

Guns are also stronger... so death from above is useless if the merc kills you in midair... something that was usually impossible for anyone but the host in SCCT

oh btw: I am on vacation until the 23rd of May. See ya.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin