Flares and Heart beat moniters

Started by Splinterfactor8, May 31, 2008, 02:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2C LeBron

Phosphorus grenades FTFW!!!!!

Flares rockzor to you just got make the maps darker(supposedly they will be)

why would it cancel out your torch, if you did it did that way when you fire a g-nade it would then turn off.  keep it how it is.

DarkDragonbane

Man, I rember PO2 grenades. I was like the only guy on my friends list that used them.
HowlinTerror on Xbox Live.
Lets settle this, Spy to Mercenary.

Spekkio

There is nothing you can do to "boost flares" because flares overlap in function with other merc equipment. The flashlight, laser, EMF, and MT all assist in seeing spies in dark areas in one way or another, and none of those take up an equipment slot. Flares are just redundant.

I <3 U

Quote from: Spekkio on August 29, 2008, 11:36:31 PM
There is nothing you can do to "boost flares" because flares overlap in function with other merc equipment. The flashlight, laser, EMF, and MT all assist in seeing spies in dark areas in one way or another, and none of those take up an equipment slot. Flares are just redundant.

You could say the same for spy bullets and HBS aswell. They both serve the same purpose, to track the mercs, but go about it in different ways, as do flares and the torchlight.

Spekkio

Not really. HBS vs. Bullets presents some clear advantages and disadvantages with regards to what the spies are trying to accomplish. Taken in totality with all of the other sensory stuff the merc has before he even selects a gadget, flares are 100% redundant and offer no advantages over using any of those methods.

Gawain

depending on the exact flare properties and flashlight range/width, they might come in handy in some dark areas. but tbh, i'd just boost flashlight a little (to make up for the missing mt nv and emf ghosting) and replace flares with boosted phosphorous nades.

Splinterfactor8

the flare should at least be hand holdable or have 2 ever lasting flares

Gawain