Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Overstatement on February 25, 2008, 09:20:33 PM
Programming in the worst language possible.
Brainfuck. Does anyone know how to work with this??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck

frvge

I made some LOLCODE once:
HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
I HAS A VARIABLE IZ 0
GIMMEH VARIABLE
IZ VARIABLE SMALR THAN 0?
YARLY
VISIBLE "YAAAAA"
NOWAI
VISIBLE "NOOOES"
KTNX

KTNXBAI
;D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Xris

Zedblade

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 26, 2008, 11:48:11 PM
Will you put some variation in those sizes?  Maybe not coop, but vents shouldn't all look the same imo.  If you guys have time, will you make vents have their own distinct looks?  Take a look at CT, all the vents have that basic grayish metallic theme.  I say put some rust, change some colors, sizes etc...

up to the individual level designer/artist

Farley4Fan

of course...  Aren't there level designers on the dev team?  Do you guys have any input on the question?

Zedblade

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 27, 2008, 02:19:28 AM
of course...  Aren't there level designers on the dev team?  Do you guys have any input on the question?

I'm Lead Level Designer/Environment Artist... and the only level designer active at the moment.

So you just got input...

Vents are just a means between areas, they are usually unlit and have no other purpose other then for spy travel. Personally I don't think they deserve much attention as far as dressing. However, I will change the vent size and dress it up when it's in a special place or has a significant purpose.

Other then that, vents don't deserve much attention and I wouldn't try to do anything fancy with them unless an opportunity presented itself... I wouldn't go out of my way.

MR.Mic

Edited OP to include my real position on the team (visual effects artist)
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Zedblade

Quote from: MR.Mic on February 27, 2008, 12:29:22 PM

Which would make your are particle guy. (Particles fall under effects.) Which Is a good fit. Start working on the Chaff now... kthxbai.

Xris

Done the chaff yet??

Seriously you've had 2 hours thats lots  :D

/sarcasm  ::)

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Zedblade on February 27, 2008, 12:05:21 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 27, 2008, 02:19:28 AM

I'm Lead Level Designer/Environment Artist... and the only level designer active at the moment.

So you just got input...

Vents are just a means between areas, they are usually unlit and have no other purpose other then for spy travel. Personally I don't think they deserve much attention as far as dressing. However, I will change the vent size and dress it up when it's in a special place or has a significant purpose.

Other then that, vents don't deserve much attention and I wouldn't try to do anything fancy with them unless an opportunity presented itself... I wouldn't go out of my way.

alright, that's cool.  It just got me curious because vent size/variation was mentioned before.

How about making the sides of the vents see-through on some places?? Like Shermerhorn has.
This would give LOTS of opportunities to create a well-balanced travelling system IF made correctly.

Westfall

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on February 27, 2008, 06:16:49 PM
How about making the sides of the vents see-through on some places?? Like Shermerhorn has.
This would give LOTS of opportunities to create a well-balanced travelling system IF made correctly.

add slits like in warehouse

Overstatement

Quote from: Zedblade on February 27, 2008, 12:48:31 PM

Which would make your are particle guy. (Particles fall under effects.) Which Is a good fit. Start working on the Chaff now... kthxbai.

No, make explosions. It's more urgent. If you don't I WILL use a lame placeholder in our beta.

HAHAHAHAHA @ lame placeholder

Zedblade

Quote from: Overstatement on February 27, 2008, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: Zedblade on February 27, 2008, 12:48:31 PM

No, make explosions. It's more urgent. If you don't I WILL use a lame placeholder in our beta.

What? No. UT3 already has a trillion explosions we could use. UT3 however does not have something we can use for chaf.

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on February 27, 2008, 06:16:49 PM

sure why not, but thats' nothing new and it only works in special areas.

Note:

This is going from an ask-the-devs thread to a post what you want changed thread... lets start moving back on topic and  lets start asking specific members specific questions. K? K.