Main Menu

Tear gas?

Started by tigaer, June 22, 2007, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

Just thinking of a new grenade type.

Thats what it would look like in full effect, basically just like rainbow six vegas.

frvge

Tear Gas for Mercs can be an option, to make it harder for the Speis to navigate.
I dont see a reason for Spies to have a tear gas grenade because of what reason3d said.
A Flash will do too.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

this is total bullshit

Daybreak

Tear gas could only be considered for spies to use against mercs. If spies were affected by the teargas, they'd have to be affected by the smoke grenades. That's not gonna happen.

Vega

Quote from: Daybreak on June 22, 2007, 03:21:57 PM
Tear gas could only be considered for spies to use against mercs. If spies were affected by the teargas, they'd have to be affected by the smoke grenades. That's not gonna happen.

QFT.  While I love the idea of Mercs having tear gas, it just wouldn't work.  Even if you gave tear gas to spies - it's practically like a continual flashbang.  Good idea though, I seriously do wish we could incorporate it somehow.

iservealot

Quote from: reason3d on June 22, 2007, 06:48:27 AM
for those who havent witnesssed the vegas gas , it does little to deter anyone from killing blindly , which is i guess pretty obvious . you can always motion sense while gassed so finding your target is fairly easy . but thats just Ubi's gas .

Actually, I think it is a great idea. Contrast to the Vegas game play, if you were tear gassed in Project Stealth, it would make things really hard to see. Not only could we make things extremely blurry like that, but we could add excessive motion blur.

Additionally, our game play takes place mostly int he dark. So if you blur your screen excessively, and you are in the dark that will make it fairly hard to understand what is going on.

Tidenburg

Look. We could have grenades like this:
Smoke: Slows down Merc and potentially knock out.
Flash: Blinds mercenary.
Gas: Blinds (semi) merc and slows him down.

Gawain

reason3d, how about you go and play 500+ hours of scct versus and come back after you got some experience?

Daybreak

Even I don't have more than 500 hours CT experience. Maybe PT and CT but even i know this isn't needed. Plus it seems too unbalanced. It's like a smoke and flash in one. We should stick to our task at hand then, add later.

Gawain

smoke slows down/knocks out the merc, and flash blinds him. there is absolutely no need to go for tear gas lol

Overstatement

Yeah, I think we need to think of more things that don't come in grenade form.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Maybe mines that catch the spy in some foam or glue, and he can't move???

frvge

That's interesting. Can you think of ways it'll work?
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, stopping the spy by catching him in a net or something (net launched off a landmine :P), and then it would take some time for the spy to cut it, or to break the foam, once it hardens (lol foam mines :P), or just tripwired nets on the ground...

frvge

I like foam better than netting. It's more original.