Main Menu

Tear gas?

Started by tigaer, June 22, 2007, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Tidenburg on June 24, 2007, 09:50:34 PM
I recommend a lube trap, when triggered it sprays KY everywhere causing anyone who dares run over it to slip over for the duration of the match.
it would need lots of animations, and it would work against merc's too, so i say: NO!

tigaer

I love it how everyone starts talking off-topic on almost every post I make.
Kind of annoying.

Quote from: tigaer on June 24, 2007, 11:44:13 PM
Kind of annoying.
It's because when someone comes with an idea, it must be talked over, and posting at the currently viewed topic is faster than making a new one

tigaer

Quote from: Kok4f4n on June 25, 2007, 12:45:11 AM
Quote from: tigaer on June 24, 2007, 11:44:13 PM
Kind of annoying.
It's because when someone comes with an idea, it must be talked over, and posting at the currently viewed topic is faster than making a new one

Yeah, but making up a new idea entirely... foam mines?

happens, but just look at the last 3 posts - an entirely other topic...

Kurbutti

...Or then you just need someone new to have his say.  If you'd add tear gas for mercs, I wouldn't take them, because they are nowhere near as useful, as frags, for exaple. Besides, you can't have a piece equipment, which's neagtive effects could only be avoided by taking another. Say, for this case, it's obviously the gasmask. Now, who would go out without one anyway? That's another matter, and wasn't my point.  Even if you didn't care about that, why would mecs need some tear gas to make spies feel uncomfortable in their vents anyway? We already have weapons that we can use to shoot spies on the run, we have mines to stop them permanently. Tear gas doesn't guarantee a kill, if it hits. True, tazer doesn't either. So basically we would just have the same thing in a form of a grenade. Yet it fail to see why.

Tear gas wouldn't fir for the spies that well either, since they already have smoke, which, does the exact same thing, but better. How many of you has actually done some research on the smoke grenades in SvM?  They already include a CS -compratment, which is why it slows mercs down, blurs their vision, and for some reason (There might have been one, correct me, if you feel necessary) kocnk you off your feet for a second or two. So, since I honestly believe I have never seen anyone complaining smoke grenade to be somehow imbalanced because it creates smoke cover, there's no need to nerf it off. That basically makes tear gas useless. Not as if I didn't like it, I actually love it, but I'd hate to see it.

Want off-topic? Here you go.

If you feel necessary to add something throwable/launchable, I vote for brining back the phosphorus grenades. Surely, even they could be made a bit better, for example, like this. Since a spy messed up with the green shit is visible in EMF, that has to mean the green goo would be visible in any case? So, the thing would be to make the substance stick to the walls around. This would create a "ghost spot", glowing white within your vision. You could use this to contrast (ghost) spies against the electromagnetic background. In other words, a spy using electronics within the spot would be invisible. Some old plauyers are still used to use EMF ghost regularly, like me, and I think it's a cool feature, while I often feel sympathy towards the poor bastards, thinking they are invisible. I'd like to make it fair, for both sides. Of course we might have the phosphorous grenades work in the conventional manner, but I found the.."limitedness", the duration of the effect, to be disturbing. It WAS effective in some situations, granted, but compared to frags, it wasn't worh my slot back in PT. I liked it a lot, thoug, but it was killing me to see, time after time, how useless they were in the end. So my suggestion for the conventional version is, that we make the green shit on the spy's suit permanent, or very long lasting, and to be only removable by his mate, or perhaps by water. With enough interactivity you could set off a fire alarm for example, and there you have showers everywhere. At least something to think about.

Gawain

phopshorous grnades are awesome, i like to see them back and somehow boosted ;D
it would be awesome if the green effect lasts longer (it can decrease gradually) and can't be removed besides with water. i like following footsteps and confusion the spies with a mixture of frags/phorspprous nades. maybe shooting the phospor on the floor should make it burn for some seconds.
in general, p. nades should be as useful as spytraps/camnet/backpack, so they would be used.

YES, We want Phosphor nades boosted, buffed, and whatever else :)